The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Prothane motor mount in Galant VR4

gvr4me

I bought these motor mount inserts and install them in my motor mounts. Then I dropped the engine in the engine bay. When I tried to install them in with my engine, only the transmission, driver side, and rear mounts would bolt on. The front mount is off by half of an inch. Did I install the back mount correctly? I will include some pictures to show you what I mean. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

back mount top view:
mvc061scj5.jpg

back mount side view with flash:
mvc063sws2.jpg

front mount top view:
mvc064ssr5.jpg

front mount side view:
mvc065swm0.jpg

mvc066srs4.jpg

3rdstrikedsm

Are you sure that front mount bracket is gvr4 spec? If it is from a tel this would be the problem. I can't remember what the number is supposed to be on the gvr4 mount but I will check some time today.

I have the same mounts and they went right in with no trouble at all.

gvr4me

The car had TEL motor swap but I would think that they used the same mount brackets. Everyone said they had no problems putting the motor in so I don't know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. Maybe someone can just check the numbers on the brackets for me. I can also take pictures of the other 2 brackets to make sure I didn't screw up putting them in. If the numbers are correct, then I really don't have clue. Maybe I'll just run 3 motor mounts.

strokin4dr

You have the wrong front mount bracket on the engine. The galant vr4 specific mount # is 344.

gvr4me

Hmm... I wonder why it bolt up when I first got the car..... I guess I can order a new bracket.

gvr4me

Quoting strokin4dr:
You have the wrong front mount bracket on the engine. The galant vr4 specific mount # is 344.

Is the rear bracket number correct?

strokin4dr

I will have to go check. Not sure on that one off the top of my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

strokin4dr

Yes, your rear bracket is correct. Change the front bracket to a 344 and you will be fine. Do you have the correct bracket already? If not, check the for sale section for a part out. They are NLA from the dealer.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

front bracket worked before because of stock motor mounts. I've seen this happen, basically your drivetrain was twisted a little bit. the prothane mounts make it impossible to put the TEL mount back on.

Good luck getting the GVR4/GGSX mount cheap though. I had to shell out like $50 for mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting DSMTurbos:
what number should be on the rear bracket?

195B but i've heard of others working.

strokin4dr

^^I think that is correct. Mine says 195 of the top of it and so does yours in the pic.

14u2nV

FYI: 195 A and B are the same mount, it's A on one side and B on the other.

gvr4me

Thanks for the help guys, I got a mount bracket from a guy locally for $15 and it went in just fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned