The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

project: water to air intercooler

AWD-

i thought that might be the case...but i don't see why it wouldn't work the other way, too. either way there is only thin aluminum between the cool water and the intake charge

Gemballa made one and so did Callaway but you can't find any info on them anymore. Believe me I've tried. So I'm going with a Q45 V8 mated to a 300zx tranny. When I get all the pieces together I'll let everyone know what the turbo V8 is going into.

quote:Originally posted by Turbolag:
Here is my setup using a GMC Syclone / Typhoon H20 Cooler, GMC syclone/DeQuick Dual Pass Heat Exchanger, Shurflo Pump, etc. Sure the engine might not be as clean as some, but is a daily driver 3 days/week and it smoked a C5 by 10 car lengths last week at 120 MPH when I shut it down. Even after a full run in summer heat, the intercooler stays cool to the touch.
cool.gif
My nextdoor neighbor just took delivery of a Z06, so as soon as he breaks in the motor, he is my next target.
grin.gif

Different make, but related topic: Does anyone know who has Turbo-Charged & Intercooled a Porsche 928 successfully? There are several supercharge kits, but no turbos...prolly since makers are afraid of folks turning up the boost and killing the motor. Only 8 or 10 psi equals 500+ RWHP on 5.0 Litre 928!
smile.gif

Angry_VR4_Motor2.jpg
You should upgrade that intercooler to this
grin.gif

intercooler.jpg

Here is my setup using a GMC Syclone / Typhoon H20 Cooler, GMC syclone/DeQuick Dual Pass Heat Exchanger, Shurflo Pump, etc. Sure the engine might not be as clean as some, but is a daily driver 3 days/week and it smoked a C5 by 10 car lengths last week at 120 MPH when I shut it down. Even after a full run in summer heat, the intercooler stays cool to the touch.
cool.gif
My nextdoor neighbor just took delivery of a Z06, so as soon as he breaks in the motor, he is my next target.
grin.gif

Different make, but related topic: Does anyone know who has Turbo-Charged & Intercooled a Porsche 928 successfully? There are several supercharge kits, but no turbos...prolly since makers are afraid of folks turning up the boost and killing the motor. Only 8 or 10 psi equals 500+ RWHP on 5.0 Litre 928!
smile.gif

Angry_VR4_Motor2.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts