The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Project Log: #594 - 600-650 awhp or BUST!!!

These are the same wheels ive been looking at only in bronze! i can't wait to see it on your car.

Jesse

RedTwo

Damn, those aren't bad!
Should be close to fitting, touch and go as to if it clears the seam on the trailing arm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Test fit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks for the people who liked the rims. I am currently hunting for some tires, as well as a set of 5 lug rear hubs which i should be acquiring very soon. As for the fitment; I am expecting that i may have to grind away at the seam of the rear trailing arms, and if it looks like too much i will run a very small spacer. I went off this list... click ...which i found on this website, and by the looks of the list they should fit, or be pretty close to fitting. I know that i will have some hefty work to do on the fenders, so il let everyone know how that goes when i get there. I wouldn't expect them to be on anytime soon, but i will try to get them on as fast as possible, Thanks, Daryl.

thecman02

Hmm.. I wouldn't have thought th einside would be the problem. I figured it'd be a bear to get those things to tuck under the fender without rubbing. I would think major fender rolling would be in order. My +35 offset wheels stick out a little. I thought most 9" wide guys went with a +30 offset.

Either way I can't wait to see you get all that worked out and on the car. I saw your old car in Kalamazoo Saturday.

Yea i may need to order some spacers, and i will probably end up pulling the fenders as well. Hows my old car doing? have you been for a ride in it on the E-85? I will have these guys on as soon as i can. Im on what was told to be stock suspension, but it seems a little lower than stock for some reason. Im going to need a set of coilovers real soon.

thecman02

Haven't gotten a ride in it yet. Check the springs, they might have been cut. Real coilovers are going to be your friend with the amount of wheel your trying to fit :)

2of9

Those were also the rims I was planning to put on my car but all of the sizes were a bit too big for what I was going to use them for. Very nice rims.

vr4play

Those are the wheels I am planning on getting but I want 18x9.5 with a +15. They will never clear under the fender but they are going to be for race use only. Hope to see how yours fit because I'm only on a theory that mine will fit.

Thanks for the complements guys. I will post some pics as soon as i get some tires on them. I am also waiting on a set of 5 lug rears. I also wanted to go with the more concave +12s or +15s but i didn't feel like running fender flares to fit them, i might end up doing that in the future though. Thanks again, Daryl.

dewman

Damn! thing is looking niice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Deff need updates though. Love the suede. Often wondered how tweed would look in a gvr4

dsmkid

Im in on this thread now! Car is coming along great, and great work! Its crazy how some time and patience pays off. I am doing something very similar with 420/1000 I just picked up. I do detailing as well and am glad to see you taking so much pride in making/keeping it so clean! looks great, keep it up! Just one piece of my 2 cents, the floormats arent my favorite. lol

Lukefraizer

So question. Did the brass spacers for the shifter make it easier to get into reverse?? I really hate how hard it is to get into reverse!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts