The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Progress on my car, #674 finally going back together with lots of new goodies!

JamesFoster

Originally I was going to, but it's too damn pretty to cover with ceramic coating. At least now I have hood vents, so I figure that will do better than ceramic coating anyway. Let the heat leave the engine bay altogether.

EMX5636

Awesome James! Sucks about the trans, but at that power level on a full weight car, be prepared for it again. Came together really nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

JamesFoster

Thanks! Looking at my options with transmissions right now. I think I'll have TRE rebuild mine to the strongest level they can, and down the road do a Magnus dogbox.

G

Staff member
Nah, ss only looks good when new. Once it's seasoned you won't like it.

JamesFoster

Well then I'll ceramic coat it then! Ha!

Gizmovr4

The car looks great!! Congrats on 700 plus awhp !! Now get that thing to the track - would love to see the numbers there as well !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

JamesFoster

Thank you! I'll be at the track as soon as I possibly can, unfortunately I have a lot of traveling in the next three months for work, and I also have to change the trans now, but as soon as I finish these trips the new trans will be going right in and then right to the track.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Love how the heat exchangers are sandwiched together and all the associated bracketry; they just did a great job on everything. And damn i bet that car flies. It was really fast before. I kinda wish the FMIC wasn't exposed below the bumper, but it's not really a big deal and i'm sure could be overcome without too much trouble. The exterior refresh looks awesome though. You are going to surprise the sh*t out of some folks. You've really done right by this car.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

It's too beautiful for me to know where to start. Apex Hunter pretty much covered it. Keep on, keepin' on James /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ghostinthevr4

There's some things I miss from Cali and one is not being able to see your car after all the mods you done to it. Great job on the attention to details like going V-band on the throttle body. Your one of the people who realize it's a quality over quantity thing, the rims came out pretty legit too.

Have fun being crazy in a foreign country bro, the Galant is pimp.

prove_it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Damn nice for a bmx riding punk.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Man I wish I wouldve heard this thing run when I dropped by the house. I guess I'll just have to come back when you get back from NZ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nice numbers dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

slugsgomoo

is that the .82 open T4 hotside? I'm sure you can make some more mojo when you swap that out, seems like a lot of 6466 guys are having great luck with the 1.01 or 1.15 housing.

I love how the car has come together though, the execution is exceptional.

GSX_TC

This car is amazing. Good job man, you are doing all the things I want to do, but just soo much faster haha.

JamesFoster

Again thanks everyone for the kind words. Means a lot.

Quoting ApexHunter:
Love how the heat exchangers are sandwiched together and all the associated bracketry; they just did a great job on everything. And damn i bet that car flies. It was really fast before. I kinda wish the FMIC wasn't exposed below the bumper, but it's not really a big deal and i'm sure could be overcome without too much trouble. The exterior refresh looks awesome though. You are going to surprise the sh*t out of some folks. You've really done right by this car.

Thanks dude. The fmic was just too tall to fit any other way, but in person it's not noticeable at all. Just gotta be careful with big dips, which I have to do anyway because of the gas tank. I'm still not done though, I'm not sure the car will ever be "finished." There will always be something to make better, cleaner, more functional. And thanks for mentioning the exterior! I love it! The new hood, and changing the color of the wheels made such a big difference!

Quoting ghostinthevr4:
There's some things I miss from Cali and one is not being able to see your car after all the mods you done to it. Great job on the attention to details like going V-band on the throttle body. Your one of the people who realize it's a quality over quantity thing, the rims came out pretty legit too.

Have fun being crazy in a foreign country bro, the Galant is pimp.

Always quality over everything. Throwing a car together, it may work, but it will not last. I am very detail oriented, it's the only way to ensure things will last and not fall apart, and I was lucky to have the Sheepey Built guys to make me some incredible parts, and I was able to make sure things were built how I wanted them, and I re-asembled my car how I wanted to, so I feel confident in every little thing, and know I shouldn't have any stupid issues.

Quoting Alpha Male:
Man I wish I wouldve heard this thing run when I dropped by the house. I guess I'll just have to come back when you get back from NZ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nice numbers dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I'm sure you'll have something I want or vice versa at some point haha.

Quoting slugsgomoo:
is that the .82 open T4 hotside? I'm sure you can make some more mojo when you swap that out, seems like a lot of 6466 guys are having great luck with the 1.01 or 1.15 housing.

I love how the car has come together though, the execution is exceptional.

It's the .82 open V-band hotside. I'd like to try the 1.01 hosted at some point, but I like the quicker spool of the .82, and I don't want to rev my car to the bearing destroying, valve crushing rpms that a lot of guys do... haha. Scares me, I like my motor. Also I still plan on some trackday stuff with the car.
However, maybe I should try the bigger hotside, considering the torque down low annihilated my transmission after 2 days. I'll might try a 3.5 or 4" exhaust first though, see how much of a difference that makes. However Beau told me it's more of an bottlenecking effect with the housing rather than the exhaust. I also thought about doing a hood exit to where the driver side hood vent is just for the track.

But thank you for the kind words, I hope to only continue with it and make it as perfect as it can be.

Last edited:

JamesFoster

Quoting GSX_TC:
This car is amazing. Good job man, you are doing all the things I want to do, but just soo much faster haha.

Dude, it killed me getting this car together the past two months. All day, every day, every minute I had free. Helping at the shop getting everything fabbed, back and forth, changing things, etc. The final assembly took me three weeks. It was a f***ing pain in the ass, and after it was all together, it wouldn't start. My brain was fried, took me all weekend to figure out it was the injectors that were stuck shut. I was seriously losing my mind that weekend. Can't even explain what a relief it was when it finally started.

JamesFoster

Played around in photoshop to brighten up these pics a bit. Looks much better I think!

4g6Tree

Love the build, and I dig the no wing look. I had no idea who you were so I checked google, first thing I watched was you doing a triple backflip live in New Zealand. Pretty awesome to say the least.

weirdbeard

Dude, your car is friggin ridiculous. Very nice job on everything. Oh and I am pretty sure I have your old cf hood.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts