The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

problem with MAF and dsmchip

I recently bought a vr4 with a 3" maf and maft already installed. I got such a good deal on an eprom ecu that was already socketed and had a chip installed from Jeff at keydiver that I couldnt pass it up. It was chipped for the exact injectors that I already have but it was tuned for a 3g MAS. I called the guys at fullthrottlespeed but they said that I can not adjust the translator to emulate a 3g MAS. Also, I am running an HKS bov and dont have any way to recirculate. Should I just send the chip back to Jeff to be reburned for a GM MAF or try to hook up a 3g MAS? I already have a #501 MAS out of a 2000 eclipse but I know that the #482 is better. I did a fair amount of research but I just wanted to get an opinion from you guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hertz

Staff member
You can most definitely tune the MAFT for the difference.

However, your best move is going to be to get a new chip that matches your injectors and the airflow sensor (essentially a 1G, as that's what it emulates)

I don't know if the chip is different inside their MAFT made for the EVO, but you might try BASE=2 AUX-C

The EVO8 MAS is virtually identical in compensation to the good #482 MAS. If that doesn't work, maybe you can get them to send you an EVO chip for inside your Translator.

Thanks Jeff.
Would all the other Dials be set to 0? It idles at 600 when I tried that setting and it is extremely rich. Just driving around town, the wideband is pegged on 10.0 and it is extremely sluggish.

I ended up just getting another chip burned from Jeff. I figured it was going to be too much of a headache to wire in the 3g mas and put on another bov for recirculation. I cant wait to get this chip and get this thing running right! Thanks for your help Jeff and Hertz.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned