The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Priming turbo question

gvr4144

Can I just unplug the cas to crank it so I don't get fuel or spark.

biglady112

I have never primed a turbo upon installation. Just fire it up and go. I could see some concern if it were fed from the head but, I have done plenty of 11b-16g installs with the factory feed lines and have never had a failure. And we generally clean the center sections very well in the solvent tank if it is a used turbo. YMMV but, you could do that or the transistor, coil pack, resistor pack or whatever makes you feel comfortable to spin that thing over do it wpnt fire.

gvr4144

Well I fired her up and heard a squealing I wasnt sure what it was but I shut it off right away. Hoping it was the belts because it hadn't been started in so long and not the turbo. Just to be safe I went ahead and primed it and I didn't hear anything after that. Thanks for the info fellas, I have installed a 16g without priming it but I atleast put oil in the center section before the install.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned