The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power door locks?

dsm10o0

Do these cars come with power door locks? My car only opens 1 door at a time using a key and ive seen someones elses car open all at once with a key.

These car have manual power door locks either front locks will lock/unlock all doors engine running or not back doors are on their own lol..

yeti

Quoting yeti:
Mine unlocks or locks all doors when the engine is running only

thats shotty wiring then correct?

dsm10o0

What could cause mine to not unlock all at the same time? Ive check all fuses and changed the busted ones but its still nothing.

Adorsey

Do some searching, try searching for +ETACS, or +doorlocks, +electrical.

I haven't had door locks, heat, working windows, working sunroof, heat, working interior lights, radio, heat, radio intena, speakers, in probably a month. And its getting colder by the minute here.

Weird thing is, I will do a real hard launch, or like nls to third, and everything will just start working, and then go away the next time I rip on it, or shut my car off.

rost

Adorsey,could your problem be 100amp fusible link related?When my alternator went out,it burned 100amp fusible link and it took all the good stuff with it(windows,heat,a/c,etc.)
Replaced the alternator and the fuse,and all back to normal.

Adorsey

hmm. I had replaced the 100amp fuse. Maybe its not in correct... Just made a very sturdy battery tray. Ill have to look into that.
Alternator should be good.

Fuse blu when I pulled the passenger seat out to vacuum, and the amp the previous owner installed grounded out. wicked sketchy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned