The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power Antenna

xaisomboun

So I got this old Galant GS with a working power antenna in it from my uncle.

My VR4 has a generic, non-retracting antenna put in place by previous owner(s).

So my question is, on the GS, on top of the antenna, there is this sort of circle "cap" that has 4 indents that looks like it needs a special tool to be removed.

I've already removed all the interior connections and bolts, but I cant get this sucker out!

Anyone have any inspiration for me?

se7enine

Cut a piece of hose and put it over the base and use pliers to unscrew it, should come loose without scratching it. It shouldn't be to tight to unscrew.

89Mirageman

Or wrap a layer or two of tape around some channel locks to screw the nut off without scratching it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts