The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Potential GVR4 sighting in Chandler, AZ

moduleunknown

I say potential because I was in the garage this past Sunday and my wife comes home, walks in and says "I think I just saw another one of these things down the street."

I asked where, finished what I was doing, then took 777 out for a spin around the block. Found nothing that looked remotely close to a 6th gen Galant. Thought I'd post this anyway as I just moved to the area from San Jose, CA - hoping I find others out here in the desert.

Anyway, it would have been near Riggs and Gilbert in Cooper Commons if my wife really did see "one of these things". Yeah, she's not a huge fan... but at least she's still pushing for me to buy another Evo IX. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fuel

It was probably a Camry, Sentra or Accord /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

IncorpoRatedX

it's possible, there's quite a few of them in the valley. In the area you talked about; I would think it might be Michael (boostinaz) but there's a few others over that way. There's a girl in a silver Galant GSX that travels through that area from time to time as well. Welcome to AZ, the weather is about to get perfect.

moduleunknown

Quoting fuel:
It was probably a Camry, Sentra or Accord /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This is exactly what I expected to find, but nope, nothing like that on the street.

moduleunknown

Quoting IncorpoRatedX:
it's possible, there's quite a few of them in the valley. In the area you talked about; I would think it might be Michael (boostinaz) but there's a few others over that way. There's a girl in a silver Galant GSX that travels through that area from time to time as well. Welcome to AZ, the weather is about to get perfect.

So there's a few running around - nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Weather is already feeling pretty good compared to when we got out here in early August. I imagine the cooler months will be just perfect.

A little off topic here, but if you're familiar with the area, how far must one drive to get away from this boring grid street layout and find some nice enjoyable twisty roads? That's about the only thing I'm missing after making the move away from the CA bay area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Not far. There's a bunch east of the valley. A good start is Apache Trail, thats a good paved scenic one, the further out you get the less people and more scenic it gets. pavement ends at mile marker 220 or so, its really cool beyond it, I've taken my 79 Galant wagon down it and my VR4, among other vehicles. It's just washboards and dust to deal with, the views are great. The 1000 foot drop switch back at mile marker 222 down to fish creek is pretty legit.

This photo is from reevis trailhead overlooking apache lake, pretty deep into the drive. the whole drive, if you keep going to roosevelt dam and then come back via the north route through tonto basin to 87 and back, or south route into old copper towns of globe and miami, superior will bring you back to highway 60 and back into the city. There's no shortage of what you seek. The whole drive will take you a good 4 hours, both routes home have a lot of great roads to cruise on.

916395_514601728715053_333071429_n.jpg

This is a great scenic drive up to Show Low, which is a cool little mountain town:
click

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
^^^ good choices, nice drives ^^^

Locals can hook you up with the locations of the "weeps" (spring fed waterholes in the slickrock perfect fer getting wimmens less dressed) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif along the Apache Trail

... be sure to stop in at Tortilla Flats to hit the saloon
... the restrooms are ... unique ...

It is a bit of a tourist trap, but with the right mindset (and a good women by your side) it's a hoot

The ice cream is mighty tasty on a hot day

[edit]
Watch for the hiway patrol around Payson!

... and squids on sportbikes (with poor lane control) on the weekends

Last edited:

donniekak

Best ride/drive road in Arizona is between yarnell and Prescott.

Don’t let them tell you it’s called press kit either.

IncorpoRatedX

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

boostedinaz

Way late to this party, but no GVR4s for me. I do know my old Galant 1101 lives up there somewhere in the Chandler/Gilbert area. It's Belize Green with EVO wheels on it. Other than that I am a douchey BMW guy now.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well at least you admit it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts