The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

possibility for cam bearing?

tektic

Just curious if I head could line bored and fit with a cam bearing?

If not anyone have extra exhaust cam caps I can try my luck with?

I just bought a head with a real nice port and polish and a box of parts. .... That was missing 2 exhaust caps. Now I'm sol

BogusSVO

Get the missing caps and have the exhaust side line bored. Should run $100-150

Have you contacted the person you bought the head from to see if they can find the missing caps?

tektic

Yes he does not have them.

I talked with the gentlemen that assembled my last head. He gave me similar advice but also said he only knows one shop in the area that MAY have the machines necessary.

I think I locally fond some caps too.

I'm going to post pics of the head tomorrow so others can salivate over the idea of using this head too.

Edit: intake and exhaust

Last edited:

BogusSVO

Looks good.

I am going to guess it is a STD size valve head, due to the pits still under the exhaust seat inserts.

Any stamped numbers on the front of the head under the Intake cam?

Did you get the parts that go with it? valves, springs??

tektic

Casting is #0805

Are these springs stock?

Crower 87095 retainers
And valve that say made in japan on the face of them in embossed letters. A few are bent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Look to be stainless though. And guides are bronze.

edit: after trying to compare this spring to the ones you posted a couple months back i noticed the stock dsm spring seems to have 6 turns where this one only has 5. I'll try to get it measured before reassembly... if that ever even happens.

Last edited:

BogusSVO

Good chance they are Crower springs if you have Cower Ti Retainers.

The Embossed "Made in Japan" are cheap 2 piece cast valves, toss them all, They are not stainless steel

Grab up a set of Engnbldr valves off ebay (appox $120)

Where did you pull that casting number from?

tektic

Written vertically under intake came on water neck side of head. Not the right number?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned