The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

please confirm for me, control arms

ercp98

click

i need to replace the control arms for the g-vr4. after a search, i found the sticky for control arms from autozone.
the units from autozone is $120 per side now. so i did a search for 1g eclipse control arms on ebay and this units showed up.
so much cheaper but part numbers are not the same. also the sticky mentioned a slight difference in the bushing between the eclipse and galant control arms.

so, can i still use these since they are still for 1g eclipse like the autozone units? thanks in advance.

Terry Posten

Go to Rockauto.com

Look for the "sticky" post that has a GVR4.com discount code for even better price. (your shipping may be different)

Terry Posten

Here is the "sticky" post I spoke of.

click

belize1334

It used to be that the listed the wrong part for the GVR4. They seem to have corrected that. As to the part fitting...check out this thread.

Last edited:

ercp98

i guess it is the same and will fit. i am basing this on the rock auto part numbers.

520-837 is replacement for oe# mb573094. thanks for the input. i'll be getting the ebay control arms.

solidviper89

I bought those arms(the ebay ones) for my galant, and they work great, have nice ball joints also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

ercp98

^thanks for confirming the ebay control arms.

i did a bit more search about the control arms. it seems that the arms should be the same as long as it is for the 2.0 engine.
do not get the control arms for the galant or eclipse that have 1.8l engine.

belize1334

Haha...I JUST linked that thread in my previous post.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned