The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

plain summit white? or add some pearl to it

MellowVR4

Hey everybody, just wanted to get some personal opinions on paint choices. So im planning on painting my vr4 sometime in the future and ive been debating on the color. I wanna keep it white but i am undecisive on the white that i want. I will be sprayin everthing, which is body, and enginebay.should i just spray the oem summit white, or should i mix up the summit white but put some pearl in it, i dont wanna overwhelm the paint with a bunch of pearl, but i wanna add just enough pearl to where you only notice it when your close to the car, not really looking for the cadillac pearl, more like a lexus pearl. Please let me know what u think, i will greatly apprecite it. thanks

transparentdsm

i have always like that look. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif i think its great. i have a panda 92 Laser Rs AWD and i want to do the summit white on it with a nile black roof and a little gold flake, the same your thinking. where you can only see it when your up close to it

kama1

if its like the landcruiser 200 series pearl white id go for it.

LIV4PSI

I would add a little something to it. Nothing overwhelming, just something clean and tasteful. That's always the best way to modify a GVR4, simple and subtle.

citymunky

img.php

Galantvr4559

U could also just paint it summit white and put some white pearl in the clear coat to give it a different look. The base color really doesnt matter its actually what pearl u use and how many coats of it decides affect and tone of the white pearl. White pearl when put over black is actually gold affect. What about using a 4 stage paint system and paint the car white, lay down some pearl and maybe do a coat of basecoat binder or a clear basecoat with a little black pearl over everything then clear.It will be white but when the sun hits it there will be black shinny flakes everywhere. I am a painter that does custom factory paint jobs for Harley Davidson. I work with.alot of really bad ass colors. I am painting my 91 nb gvr4 black and using a midcoat called twighlight. Very subtle affect. It will clitter blue flake in sunlight but be black as night. If any one gots any questions just pm me.

MellowVR4

^^ nice advice, i was thinking of a diff pearl other then white, maybe a bronze or copper, but im still debating, i just wanna make the right choice so i dont get bored of it over time. i will defentely look into the 200 series white pearl.

Galantvr4559

Well when you use a bronze or any different color pearl it will dirty the color white. Unless thats the affect ur looking for. Cadillac pearl white is just a white base with like 3 coats of pearl or more. If ur looking for a very subtle affect u could just add some pearl to ur clear.

Diego

Quoting Galantvr4559:
I am painting my 91 nb gvr4 black and using a midcoat called twighlight. Very subtle affect. It will clitter blue flake in sunlight but be black as night. If any one gots any questions just pm me.

Whoa, you didn't tell me this. Sounds pretty bad ass.

transparentdsm

^ for real. dont want to get stuck down the road having to repaint the whole thing.... Bryan im going to have to talk to you down the road about color mixing and matching for my panda laser

MellowVR4

yea if i was gona put pearl on the paint i would defently do the tricoat on it, base, midcoat with pearl, then the clear. Im very curiouse what the black pearl looks like on a white car, never seen it before.

alansupra94

I will let you guys know. I am painting my both the Galant and Supra with the same pearl paint. Not 100% sure which yet but will let you know.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts