The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pictures of stock turbo to 2.5" IC piping?

jepherz

Staff member
I'm looking for suggestions on how to connect up the stock turbo outlet (16g) up with 2.5" intercooler piping. I'd like a reliable connection that can be re-assmebled many times with no issues. I'll be trying to make everything out of SS if I can find the flanges. Currently I have aluminum shaped to gradually go from 1.75" (turbo outlet) to 2.5" but it is made from aluminum and just crushes too easily with hose clamps. I've had couplers that close to the exhaust melt before, and they don't sell anything that goes from 1.75" to 2.5" anyways.

What have you guys done? Do you have any pics to share?

Last edited:

vtecds1

Just a thought...can you have a place expand the 1.75 to 2.5"? A muffler shop might be your best bet.

Adorsey

ETS kit installed when I purchased the car, you can tell on the right side of the "over the top" hot side, its not lined up correctly.
The silicone is a reducer from 2.5" to something. Not to sure on that pipes dimentions.

Ets kit installed but I pulled it in more and bolted up the fmic much better. I really want 1 piece for the hot side of my setup, but the silicone holds lbs. and is not costing me anything so its good for now.
Till I go air/water /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Sorry for the shitty cellphone picture.

vtecds1

Found a coupler for you .

dmj

I use a steel J pipe off the turbo that painted in high temp silver, it starts of as 1.75 in to 2.25 then expanded to 2.5 in . I put 8mm studs in the compressor housing so it is an easy j pipe removal whenever needed. pics here

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting vtecds1:
Found a coupler for you .

Wow, that looks like it may be perfect, thanks! Anybody have problems with couplers melting that close to the manifold?

H05TYL

Make a heat shield.

Adorsey

Almost sure these silicones are good for up to 400*
My friend has them all over, even this silicone pretty close to the downpipe and wastegate, dosent even get almarmingly hot.

NateCrisman

965226059_MsDJS-L.jpg

That is how we went from 16G outlet directly into aluminum 2.5" pipe on my 1g dragcar. Nelson cut little trianges from the end and made a cone shape for a smooth transition.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned