The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Picked up another VR4!

Spam

This would be my 4th VR4 now...2nd in my current possession. I've only owned black ones before but I must say this un-numbered white one looks slick. I just got home from picking it up from MOIDSM1 (relieved him from 1 of his many many 4G cars at his house)and just wanted to post the pic (sorry it sucks) I took before leaving for its new home. I should be to find time to start working on it in about a month....

THANKS MOI!!!

2010-10-18180831.jpg

ktmrider

Nice, should be a fun project.

I was looking real close however still traveling with work.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Chad989of2000

A real glutton for punishment aren't you?

Spam

Even owning just one you can call yourself a glutton for punishment... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wasted a little time on it today. Tein HA (only front) and a JDM bumper. I say wasted time because everything I did today could have been when the new engine/trans + intercooler goes in. The only real time time saver I could have accomplished was putting the Teins in the rear too which I didn't do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess it wasn't too much of waste...everything in my yard is becoming an eyesore so this makes it a little better cept for the dogleg. Anyone want to trade a black front dogleg for a white one?

2010-11-2117_06_54.jpg

moidsm1

Please get it running man!! The license plate that is on that car expired in 03! Im gonna guess it hasnt run since, Been passed around a bit, but no one ever got her goin. The only history I know is that the guy I bought it from. preskitvr4 He may be able to answer any questions you may have.

Preskitvr4

Preskit's car

moidsm1

How is this car coming along?

PreskitVR4

I'm right here, i seem to be going on long sebaticals lately, but i do love fam life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DR1665

Wait a minute...

Quoting PreskitVR4:

1082/2000 Nile, SOLD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

As in, this 1082...

As in, 1082 what spent a winter up in Prescott with a busted window, made its way down to Phoenix, where I spent a month un-f***ing it, before selling it to some random on Craigslist, only to see him re-list it a couple months later (September 09, maybe?), never to be seen again until last month, when it turned up on Craigslist with a blue re-spray and GLWSIBTL price tag?

Damn. That bitch gets around. Like a record. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

moidsm1

Dale, your no longer a roofrack Mafia? But a lone roof-Racker? And for future reference to all, please dont sell these cars to any random person! They at least have to have a junk DSM in their yard to qualify for purchase!

PreskitVR4

Quoting DR1665:
Wait a minute...

Quoting PreskitVR4:

1082/2000 Nile, SOLD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

As in, this 1082...

yes Brian, that 1082. i bought it, drove it to preskit NO BRAKES, quickly found broken glass under the seat, and a blown H/G, fixed that, kept the ported head with 3 angle valve job for the DiSM, did full 3 inch turbo back, and 17 inch RAY'S wheels. heard about the blue one on Craigs, never thought to check it out though. i sold it to a kiddo named Steven, he was a UTI, never heard anymore after that.

Damn. That bitch gets around. Like a record. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Spam

Ah cool....I didn't realize my thread got a bump. Only a little bit of progress...got an engine and trans put in and a couple of bolt ons. It's about $500 away from being turnkey but I've been working on my FC3S lately.

2011-01-10_16-21-11_89.jpg

PreskitVR4

soupa cool, hope to see some pics moving under its own power soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

moidsm1

Lookin good man, I did a good job of scrubbing that engine bay out, Little did I know I was doing it all for you to reap the benefits. ha-ha. Keep up the good work.

trexn8

Our community needs more peeps like this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Spam

Moi you did a good on it...I put in another hour myself with a hose and green scrubby too.
I was going to dump some money into the car this weekend but my BMW got bumped off the road on Friday so I'm looking for a new daily...probably going to put A/C in the car this weekend. I'm also waiting to find a good deal on some lines for the turbo as well...anyone out there that can help me out?

Spam

Unfortunately I will have to be overseas another year...I have a part-out post for this in marketplace. The purist need not worry, the car won't be going to the junkyard though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned