The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

PIC Request: Offroad "street cars"

Hey guys, I was hoping to see some pics of some street cars geared towards offroad use, like fire roads, snow setups, that kind of thing. I'm considering running some aggressive off road tires and a slightly taller than stock ride height for a go anywhere snow car build.

Thanks for reading, post 'em if you got 'em!

EDIT: Might as well post rally car pis as well, thanks!

alansupra94

4949_219597855214_520765214_7506240_8169952_n.jpg

Completely off the road.

Nartanian

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif JSB in style.

DR1665

Quoting 92stroker:

Hey guys, I was hoping to see some pics of some street cars geared towards offroad use, like fire roads, snow setups, that kind of thing.

Ahem. Stock.

And, just because I'm excited to be closer to making this a reality...

desant78

+1 on this thread. always think about this, and want to do it. never thought about asking!

im going to be building mine as a rally and ice racing car. (hopefully intime for this ice season).

stock height is not that bad for off road if you just get some stiffer springs, but ill be going with coilovers and some real decent strong rally rims.

fuel

not a Galant VR-4 but I thought it was related anyhow

IMG_3840.jpg

89Mirageman

Here is a link with pics of one of my friend's old AWD Summit wagons that he autocrossed quite successfully before he sold it.

click

mountaineerjeff

does this count?

43264d1301808545-my-kinda-jeep-004-48.jpg

it has the option of 2wd/Awd/4wd+4lo will go ANYWHERE and do 130+ and is still a 'contender' at the track (forum buddy just won his 24lemons class with one.)

obviously not what you were thinking, but all the cool rally oriented cars are petty expensive and personally way too cool and too big a part of history for me to personally smash into trees. XJs are a dime a dozen.

mountaineerjeff

OOPS just realized you were meaning vr4s specifically, and in that case i agree, as I snow bashed in mine all the time, completely stock

DR1665

There's a lot of good tech over on DirtyImpreza to this end, probably also on DirtyEvo (which is significantly smaller). Might be worth checking out.

I was recently looking into a set of Yokohama Geolandars for the daily driver, but I don't think they make any that would fit. Seem to be fairly popular among the DirtyImpretzel crowd, though.

curtis

DR1665

Quoting 123abc:
Did someone say snow?

SDC12687.JPG

SDC12760.JPG

Dirty?

SDC12149.JPG

Nice! Dirty Talons FTW!

A hotel on US54 somewhere in Oklahoma.

White Sands, New Mexico (same trip).

Finally back home at the apartment (with a dead 195/2000 in the garage).

For the record, "Daisy" was a built 420A-powered 2GNT with a blown head gasket slammed on Sportlines that drove my wife and I Phoenix to Kansas City and back through a blizzard for Christmas in 2006. She consistently got about 38mpg on the highway all the same, and rolled over 200,000 miles just east of Tucson on the return trip.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts