The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Paint question: To chrome or not to chrome?

That is the question!

The chrome line that goes around the bumpers and the side moldings, should I fill it? leave it? should I leave it and paint it?

Does anyone have pictures or all 3?

thanks in advance.

I decided that I am going to paint my car since I am doing all this other work, I might as well. Plus a friend is going to hook me up for cheap!

(other work = ETS FMIC, Engine swap, 16G, 550cc, keydiver, fuel pump)

Terry Posten

What color car do you have?

This is my opinion but:

White = Chrome

All other colors, I have no opinion, because white is the best. and of course the fastest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

To see a white car with white handles and sparkly new chrome, click on the link in my sig "See below"...

turbowop

I like the chrome strip, which is why I kept it when I had my car painted. I did buy brand new stuff to replace the old though.

dsmer06

I think the chrome strips look great if you have have wheels that are either chrome or have a polished lip. If you want to go with some other color I'd have them painted.

spoulson

Has anyone tried out removing them? Does it look ok?

4wheelsqueal

check out chris cooper's car in the member's ride. i know he has his chrome painted and looks really good. and i agree about if you have chrome or polished lips on the rims. i just picked up a set with a polished lip and it looks good with the chrome. just my .02

Last edited:

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I hate the chrome.

I like the facotry chrome pieces. It works well with the lines of the car & seems period correct.

Quoting Garfield Wright:
I like the facotry chrome pieces. It works well with the lines of the car & seems period correct.

Then why did you fill in the chrome on the bumper you're selling? JDM bumper

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cspetros

Quoting turbowop:
That sh*t is aftermarket, and hideous, IMO. Why would you ever want to highlight the door edges?

Wop strikes again. He's referencing a post I deleted. They were on the car when I bought it. I never gave it much thought until you posted that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree with Garfield Wright, though.

Last edited:

Quoting ihatefall:
Quoting Garfield Wright:

Then why did you fill in the chrome on the bumper you're selling? JDM bumper

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Please point out in that ad where I said 'I' filled it in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I bought it like that grasshoppa /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif. I had it for months before realizing it was filled in.

I was just teasing, I guess that much had happened.

Personally I like the clean look of the AMG sides with filled NORMAL RS JDM bumpers (I don't really care for the AMG bumpers only the grille and the Euro grille with the lights is my favorite!) It's dark on these back roads out here!

Unfortunately, I don't see myself dropping any sort of money on JDM bumpers at this point. (my plan to do the galant on $, quickly turned into $$$$$, haha should have known!)

Still on the fence about this... don't want to effect re-sale value either

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned