The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Paint Job Opinion

transparentdsm

im getting ready for my laser (panda) white bottom & black top, to be finished with its build and its getting time to choose a color. i was driving with my fiancée today and we were talking about it and she suggested the same belize green as my vr4(if i do, i will have the vr4 re-sprayed)... i thought that was a pretty good idea, then we got to talking and she reminded me just because we think it's a good idea doesn't mean that it is. so i decided lets ask the opinion of all you fine people... so lets here it people. also if you don't like the color, add your own color choice...

Ehh, i dont think the DSM will look good in a belize green.

Too me it would look like a show car.

Closest ive seen is a army/matte green color.

IMG_3796small.jpg

asmo

I say keep panda but pearl white with matte black top.

rdomeck

I run a restoration fabrication shop......You need to pick the color you want and not what anyone else suggest! Your the one who has to live with the color and this is the one thing that only you know what you would be happy with. Keep in mind that changing the color on a car will almost always lower it in value and it cost a lot more to paint it correctly. Changing the shade of the color is one thing, but going from white to green is another. When I painted my VR4 I went with Dover white in place of the white it was. Not so bad but it was still completely disassembled like it was getting a complete color change. If your interested my paint thread is click

Lots of time and money to do this right! This paint job with out much body work would cost around $8K

dammitjim

+1 for keeping it the same color unless you're going to do it right and paint the engine bay, door jambs, etc.

transparentdsm

yeah if i do change the color the whole car will be stripped apart and repainted, im thinking even the undercarriage will be getting painted.

rdomeck

^ To do that job right you should plan on dropping $10k+ on it. If your set on it being a different color save yourself a bunch of money and sell it. Take that money and buy one the color you want.

transparentdsm

first off i could never get 1/4 of what i have into the car back so selling it is not an option and i will be doing everything myself and this isn't the first time i have completely disassembled this car and i have done this kind of a paint job on other cars. its a bit time consuming, but looks so so good when its done.

with what everyone is saying though, i do like the white.... and may want to keep it white...

GSX_TC

Belize green is one of the rarer colors amongst the 1g DSM's. they debuted that color on 91 Eclipse GSX's. I have one of them. It's a beautiful color on that car and is quite different from all the other guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts