The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

opinions or this set of cam gears?

kooter

web page
I would like to know first if anyone has ever used this or know of them.
secondly I would like to make sure they will work on the stock cam.

and lastly I would plan I getting this also.
web page

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

Auction ended on the ones you had linked to but... Yes, they will work with stock cams. no personal expierance with that brand though.

kooter

they are constanly for sale on ebay. but just used that as the general id

JSchleim18

You can get the Zaklee cam gear cover cheaper elsewhere...try ExtremePSI.com

Barnes

Why are you getting adjustable cam gears for stock cams?

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:
For the look? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

haha, seriously. I always wonder about people when you look at how much power you can make with a set of ancient ass HKS 272/272 installed straight up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

mitsuturbo

"Hey can i put cam gears and a zaklee clear cover on my STOCK gvr4?!"

It's your money. Spend it however you like. DRRRRIFFFTUUUUU!!!

turbowop

I must be behind the times. I still have stock cam sprockets and an opaque upper cover. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

SmoothCustomer

OMFG it's the unification of the PNW elite in this thread. Batten down the hatches, it's the perfect storm! To the op, don't listen to these guys, although you should save your money if you are on stock cams. As far as the timing belt cover goes that's a little more reasonable because the stock one looks like crap and are very rarely seen in even decent condition.

turbowop

Is Kooter a buddy of yours or something? Since when is getting adjustable cam sprockets just for looks an acceptable practice on this board? I think you'll find m0ar than just the PNW elite frowning on this rice-tastic way of modding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

turbowop

So if your post count is low it's okay to practice form before function? Quick, somebody reset my post count! I feel the need for some underbody neons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Tre3zy

^lol!!!

Diego

Quoting turbowop:
So if your post count is low it's okay to practice form before function? Quick, somebody reset my post count! I feel the need for some underbody neons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

For once in my life I will agree with you.

RedTwo

Quoting turbowop:

Is there now an owners committee? Where everyone has to conform to their accepted standards like a cookie cutter neighborhood in a gated community?
How boring would this place be if we all did the same things to our cars? Imagine if every car here had JDM bumpers, Evo 8 wheels, GTO brakes and was white or green.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

turbowop

Is the title of this thread not "opinions on this set of cam gears?" ? At least JDM bumpers, Evo 8 wheels, GTO brakes and even paint have some purpose.

I actually don't mind the clear upper cover. You wanna show off your cam sprockets and timing belt? Cool, I guess. But installing adjustable sprockets on stock cams because they're OMg aNOdiZed !!!111 just so you can see them through the new clear cover is going a bit far. Maybe this guy plans to get some cams later, but he admitted it was only for the look right now... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts