The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Opinions On My Aggressive Wheel Plan: Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45 Rear & 17x8 +45 Front

kartorium

Honestly, if you're trying to get that aggressive with your stance you should really go to 18" wheels. It just gives you more clearance all the way around.

H05TYL

Agree with the above, with 17's you can't get the rim close enough to the fender before the suspension fouls the chassis.

dc_style

haha, by dirt.. i meant next to nothing. stay tuned, i'll post pictures of fitment. i'm gonna try to get them to fit.. hella flush /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif or try.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting dc_style:
i'm picking up some 17x9 +45 wheels this weekend and i'll try to fit them as soon as i find some time. so it looks like i'll have to space it out in the rear a bit? 10-15mm?

Definitely interested in this update. Please keep me posted!!!!

cobrajetguy

I am interested in this as well, I would love to get some 9 inch wide wheels under the Galant without them sticking out all crazy. It should be pretty easy to get more room in the back, all you have to do is grind the pinch weld seam down flush on the trailing arm and you should get another 10mm or more clearance.

Peter

1badgvr4

Not trying to thread jack but would a 17x9 +30 fit with a roll of the inner fender lip?

GSTwithPSI

Quoting 1badgvr4:
Not trying to thread jack but would a 17x9 +30 fit with a roll of the inner fender lip?

Well H05TYL is running 18"x9" +30 on his car, so yes, I would assume 17s would fit. Read his posts on the first page of this thread. Look at the links provided there as well.

EMX5636

I think 17"s have more clearance issues in the rear than anything else. I would assume a 30mm offset will push them out far enough from the trailing arm. If you look at the pictures of the "One Lap" car, it's running Mustang 17x9 wheels with a IIRC 24mm offset. You'll see how they fit with the fenders.

dc_style

It can be done, 28-30mm offset sorry for the photo bomb

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

Looks real nice so what's your setup 17x9+?(offset) and what tire size? tires look a bit stretched but I like the way it sits looks good man..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

dc_style

This is with a +28 offset on 205/50's... I'm glad you like it, it is indeed stretched but I would consider it mild by "stancer" terms.

Wow so its 17x9+28 with 205-50-17? Nice I like lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

dc_style

check out my thread 808 from mn, there are more angled shows there, it'll need an alignment to bring it flush with the car but it looks to fit quite nicely.

slugsgomoo

big wheels with tires too small /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsught.gif

Shouldn't you have bought a volkswagen?

fuel

how are the tyres too small? they're a massive 50 profile.. 205/40 would be small!

raptorWagon

^+1, They just look small because they are a 205 stretched onto a 9" rim, If it was something more like a 225 or 235 it wouldn't be as bad.

dc_style

in this case, i had the 205/50's for my 17x8's but these wheels popped up for a great deal. this will be my daily, and quit honestly, i would hardly consider that too much of a stretch if you compare to the vdubbers. personal preference but i think it'll look quite nice once i get an alignment to get everything "hella flush" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif hater's gonna hate!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts