The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Only one left standing

Dan D

It's been a bad week for my vehicles. My CTS-V shattered an axle. My wife got rear ended in her cx-9. My Durango which I got out off the reserve list broke the last of 4 window regulators and dropped the window into the door. Then the freeze plug between the engine and transmission, which apparently rusted through, started pissing coolant.

I tossed a battery in the galant which hasn't moved in 10 months. Fired up, shake down run - everything checks out, ac blows cold. As I'm driving my wife over to the Mazda dealership I mention "go figure. We have 4 vehicles and the only one running is the galant. Good thing I still have it". She was less than amused. Even more irratated that I'm driving the kids around in it.

Sucks that all of that happened but it got me back in the car. 18 years and the thing still makes me smile.

coyotes

you could have been driving it this whole time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dan D

Up until this week the kids were banned from the car. Plus the V isn't too bad to drive around in either. I guess that sapped my motivation to drive it for a bit.

slugsgomoo

my sister won't let me take my nephews for a ride in the galant. I think it's because she's a buzzkill who hates fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

EMX5636

If I get a V, I probably won't want to drive the Galant either... but it is funny that the "POS, unreliable" 4G63 Galant/DSM is the only thing keeping you going. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbohf

i would stop driving the Galant if i had a V...

i was going to make a comment about a car needs to be driven to break...but doesnt seem to be an issue for a DSM lol.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Dan D:
Up until this week the kids were banned from the car.

Why?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned