The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OMG This car is ridiculous!

alansupra94

So I go to pull the rear seats and I find this box. Its labelled Cellular Mobile Telephone and #FM-4032F03. After some googling, I found out its a 80-90s cellphone setup from Mitsubishi! Its not from the factory but was installed pretty well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

This car is like a goodie bag of random things!

Now the question is, what do I do with it? I will upload pictures soon.

AWDnoobie

Id say keep it and if and when you sell say its a factory install

Ralli380Gvr4

pics??

alansupra94

Quoting AWDnoobie:
Id say keep it and if and when you sell say its a factory install

Whoa whoa who says I am ever going to sell this car?

I am cleaning the whole thing out and putting it exactly the way I want it. I might even install a small blender in the truck for when I go to the gym /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A friend of mine has a blender on the back of his polaris razor. Do it, do it. You can mix drinks at mitsu meets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

disclaimer Drink responsibly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

alansupra94

I am seriously considering this. Right now, I have a inverted that I am going to wire in. Has 2 outlets that I plan on using one for the computer, and the other will be connected to a power strip with a built in fuse and everything.

Just not 100% sure what I am going to mount everything because at this time I am too lazy to get a new motherboard.

I will be starting a thread asking where I should mount the LCD screen....not 100% sure if I want to mount it in the back or the front..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I've seen a few setups like what you describe in early 90's BMW 7 series, This pretty much ensures whoever baught your car off the lot new Had some serious cash /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You should have seen the cell bill on these thing's! does it still have the corded phone on the console?

alansupra94

Nope, all that stuff seems to be cut off. But considering the date, it was probably from the original owner and those setups cost a pretty penny to install, let alone the bill.

curtis

I bought a motorola from one of my soldiers back in like 94 to put in my mustang. He got it when he bought a supra from the toyota dealer in nashville ended up it was Alan Jackson's wifes old car. Thing had an antenna on the glass then a box in the trunk and box under the seat then the phone mounted on a swivel mount on the tunnel and had a cord. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I would say hook it up but I'm sure its analog and doubt you could even get service on it.

alansupra94

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I removed it already, looks like it was clipped out and not "fully" removed. It only took me 10 mins to remove. Just popped the back seat out and the trim along the side. Removed the two fuses it was using (kind crappily installed IMO) and removed all the wires.

I will upload pictures soon.

I found this site by googling that same phone,lol. I'm a gearhead too check my profile,worked on alot of mitsu in my day. But I have that phone complete with the owners manual,wiring etc. It was in my mom's '77 bmw 630 csi & yep the phone bills were real high. This one is only for car mount but if you had the mobile battery pack thing it could be carried as a leathal weapon. Does anyone know what it's worth? I want to get rid of it but no sense in tossing it.If it's not worth much now it will be soon. I found a brick phone on ebay for $79.99 & that's not as old but still huge. Let me know & if you got any impossible to solve car issues just pm or email me. I have a large network if I don't know the answer,which is seldom,lol. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts