The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oldschoolers help needed Please.. Factory Toolkit

misterfixit

Hi All, May sound like an odd request,. Here's why I'm asking.

We are back here in the uk, and was out pailing the old girl around the countryside today. She generated a really odd wheel wobble. Stopped at a steam railway to show the nippers the engines as the were simmering down outside the shed for the night. Walked back to the car with the boys, adnd as I was closing the door after stapping little Ollie in I was stunned to see a huge blister in the side of the tyre (half a good size hens egg.)!!

I babyed the car to a service statiion so I didn't have tochange the wheel in the force of the oncoming traffic and to my surprise Ive either got the wrong jack, or jack handle.

Could anyone lay out and photograph a known original galant toolkit? I'm just curious what else should be there..

Cheers,

Rich

Last edited:

fuel

sorry can't photograph anything as my factory tool kit is in another country, but it may even depend on each market.

My JDM VR-4 has a blue coloured jack with a single hole in the sprocket that a hook shaped handle fits into, while my old NZDM Galant GLX (which NZDM models tend to be clones of UKDM models) had a silver coloured jack with a claw sprocket and had a t shaped handle fitting. My old NZDM 5G Galant had a 21mm bolt as a sprocket which the wheel brace slid over.

ade

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0477.jpg

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Those kits posted above look like standard Mitsu stuff. My Colt would have the same parts nestled in the rear too.

misterfixit

Cheers guys.

Thats just right. Thats the standard kit for a car with a sunroof. (without it has no 'z' key) The bent screwdrier thing is for removing wheel trims/centrecaps.

Mine has spanners and things in. I have the jack, and the wheel brace, and the bent screwdriver. It used to have the 'z' shaped key and the shephards crook to drive the jack. I hope I took the correct tool kit to the philipines with me for my Lancer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Instead of the shephards crook I've got like a 't' handle shaped thing. Oh well Looks like I'll be turning the garage inside ot to see what I can find. The attic was no help last night, I'm just hoping I didn't sling the spares.

Cheers for the pics!

Rich

misterfixit

I thought I could leave it alone and skip the balache of searching the garage by "borrowing" the toolkit from the VR4. After going through the car car I discovered that the gremlins had been at that one too and it was totally disappeared! What I did notice was it had a slotty type jack where as my green one didn't. Hmm.. "I think I've just worked out why the green cars toolkit is clean and shiny and it doesn't fit the jack..." I said to myself!

Turned the garage upside down and low and behold in the back of the last cupboard I got to was the stock toolkit containing the correct jack thingy, and the sunroof closer too. I remebered that I didn't often keep extra toolkits.. and the grey donor car came sans toolkit, so I nicked the one from the green car to stand in.

So here's the JDM vr4 one:

And the stock edm one (for sunroof cars)

Rich

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Glad you sorted through it, literally.

The Zig Zag shaped tool is for spinning the sunroof closed?

Colts/Mirages would not have had that in the bag then, nor wrenches or the screwdriver.
Lug nut tool, pick/pry bar for the hubcaps if equipped?, and jack would be all those cars got.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts