The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

oil pan help

BoostedAWD91

I just replaced my oil pan with a brand new one from autozone cause mine was leaking like crazy and i thought it was bent. I just put a nice bead of RTV under and on top of the gasket and put it directly on and then let it cure for before starting up the car. So far it isnt leaking a drop (cross my fingers)

Ok, adding more info to this thread in regards to oil pans specifically the moroso.

Basically I ran two beads around the new moroso pan and later after inspecting the old pan and the oem pan I noticed my errors and inexperience right away in the area where I ran rtv. Some spots it appears that the moroso pan doesn't even touch the block but may overlap it inside.

I'm pulling it to inspect my work and make sure that I don't have excess rtv just sitting there on the over lapped edges. When I put the pan back on I will first outline the gasket on the pan with a marker. The oem pan mating surface looks to be matched pretty exact to the block. The moroso pan has excess metal that does not mate to the block but that overlaps the inside egde a little bit in three areas. Tracing the gasket will help me get the rtv where it is supposed to be.

Just being picky and trying to help those save time that have this pan. If anyone has comments please by all means chime in if I'm being a moran and over thinking this.

Gordian79

Quoting boostingwild:
my stock oil pan is giving me a problem. well i changed the turbo and the oil return line from the turbo to the oil pan is giving me hell now. i bought new oem gasket but everytime i try to get the bolts to go in one of them strip and leak. the bolts are different sizes. which one goes where, and what am i doing wrong that this keeps happening. anyone have a solution for this or an alternative (better way) to fix this.

Theres two crush washer that go on those two bolts.It will leak if washers are missing.The best way to go about it is to weld -10an steel fitting on oil pan.no leaks ever.

Gordian79

^^^^^^^I didn't read everyone's post i just answered dudes question dick!

turbowop

Hey, why don't you get mad about it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roll.gif

I was just giving you sh*t, hence the hsugh smiley. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

broxma

It kinda looks like you resurrected it wop. Maybe, you should be asking yourself that very question? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

broxma

You got GVR4.org'd.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned