The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil Leak diagnosis. Drain tube?

Muskrat

I've been fighting an oil leak for a while now. I had thought it was from the drain tube area, but now I'm not so sure. I've installed a -10 an drain tube with new gaskets, and a new oil pan (bolt holes were stripped and was rusting). I ran the new bolts for the drain tube through backwards with a little lock tight on the threads and a little grey rtv around the bolt head. I still have this oil leak. It's running down the drain tube, like it leaking from the turbo-drain tube flange.

I got under the car yesterday and looked around, and now I'm not 100% sure this is the problem. Any other idea's about what could be leaking, and running down in this area? Oil is also dripping from the bottom of the compressor housing.

I know there's an oil passage behind the center exhaust manifold stud, but I don't think it's coming from there. Directly under the manifold (looking from the top) is dry.

I'm going to pick up a UV dye and try that today. Just looking for suggestions on other places to look.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts