The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil filter??

Hi all, i plan on doing an oil change for the first time on my gvr4 today but i think the dealers are all closed today.So, i was wondering whats the best oil filter to run? the only parts store i really have access to would be Kragen. thx in advance.

Some disagree, but as far as I'm concerned so long as you change your oil when it needs to be changed it doesn't really matter too much which filter you decide to use. I run Fram's from Wal-Mart, basically.. Because I always end up changing my oil at 2 or 3 in the morning and they are the only place to get a filter at that time. Just run down to Kragen and buy one, buy the expensive one if it makes you feel better.

number3

WIX or Purolator

Seriously.

I try to stay away from fram oil filters because of it robbing oil pressure. On my starion i saw a REAL NOTICABLE increase in oil pressure when i switched over to a MITSU filter, so fram would be my last resort.

TWEAKD4

I used to run Fram oil filter until I read a review that tested many oil filters. I don't recall the website but it tested many factors of oil filters and Frams were the worst. Since I have switched to Purolator.

G

Staff member
DENSO

from mits or from denso.

i can get denso filters for you @ $4.19 each.

Quote:
DENSO

from mits or from denso.

So DENSO makes MITSU's filters? if so, i'd be interested in a few filters. I also heard that WIX was a good filter also. It had some kind of extra bolt of safety mechanism so the filter wouldnt undo itself. Is that true?
I'm just after a oil filter that flows the best...

20gvr4

i use a mitsu filter if i dont have access i tend to use pureone filters....i notice no lifter tick at all with factory so i try my hardest to run that

Mitsubishi only. Wouldn't it make sense that the best one would be made by the manufacturer of the car. I use a 3000 gt vr-4 mitsu filter on my car. I forget the part number.

Last edited by a moderator:

I already know that MITSU oil filters are good...its just i cant get a hold of any today since its sunday, so i was asking if there are any other good filters out there that people could recommend to me.
and thx for all the replies guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

steve

Purolator, and Mobil 1 oil.
thumbs.gif

turbowop

Quote:
Mitsubishi only. Wouldn't it make sense that the best one would be made by the manufacturer of the car. I use a 3000 gt vr-4 mitsu filter on my car. I forget the part number.

I used to use the Mitsu oil filters. Now they only have two sizes and the one for our car is pretty damn small. I'll stick with the Napa gold filters.

G

Staff member
u can either get the short fat one or the tall skinny one from mits still.

mz690116 is the short fat one, that's called for on our cars.
m136466 is the tall skinny one, called for on 7 bolt motors.

G

Staff member
Quote:
Quote:
DENSO

from mits or from denso.

So DENSO makes MITSU's filters? if so, i'd be interested in a few filters. I also heard that WIX was a good filter also. It had some kind of extra bolt of safety mechanism so the filter wouldnt undo itself. Is that true?
I'm just after a oil filter that flows the best...

http://densoaftermarket.com/cutaway_oilfilter.html

marvinmadman

Quote:
I use a 3000 gt vr-4 mitsu filter on my car. I forget the part number.

Those filters even fit damn near every honda. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Well looks like im gonna go for WIX or Purlator. Wheres the cheapest place to get these at guys? I'll be using mobil 1 10w-30.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts