The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

oil everywhere!

soo i was driving on my lunch break, just doing a little boostin on my break and i noticed this clicing noise, like a metal rub or somthing, and my car started to feel weird, like the rpms were droping super fast, and i have a ligthened flywheel, but it still seemed funny to me, thenmy car just shut off, so i coasted to the shoulder trying to start it while it was still moving but it would not crank at all, then when i parked it on the shoulder i looked under the car on the alternator side and there was oil sprayed everwhere, im going to go take some pics of it right now and post them asap, it looks like where the oil pump is thats where all the oil sprayed from, i sure hope i didnt f*** up my rod bearing.. any help would be great.

Barnes

Welcome to a ruined engine due to not checking your stock oil cooler or having an oil pressure gauge. The oil cooler bolt probably backed out and emptied all the oil onto the ground. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

This happened to 1947 while driving. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif For me, it ended up being the oil filter had backed almost all the way out, spilling all the oil out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
The little bit that was left was riddled with metal flakes. Oh yeah, it's as bad as it sounds. After JSBing for a little over a year, she was started once again. I just looked at it as an excuse to replace all major components,upgrading some, and replace all hoses while rebuilding from the bottom up. Of course I was just trying to find an upside to the matter I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

AnotherNewb

Ahh, a lot of 4g63t's go down this way. Bossmans galant was the only car purchase that didn't get an immediate oil change when it got home, boy was that a mistake, had no reason other than piece of mind. When you are done rebuilding your motor, make sure you put some blue loc tite on the oil cooler bolt and be sure to torque it down to avoid crushing the cooler, 31ftpds I think

Street Surgeon

Or just rebuild with a forward facing oil filter housing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yea im getting a new rebuilt motor from dsm gravyard, il make sure to do it right, bc i bought this car fom somone else who obviously didnt know how to build it right.

marvinmadman

Oh well, I thought this thread was about the BP oil spill down here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts