The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil amount

jesus_ralliart

Ok, so when doing an oil change with filter.... its 5 qts right? I was recently told its 4... however, I'm pretty sure that its 5.

thecman02

With a filter my changes seem to be around 4 1/2ish. It depends though. If you have a big external oil cooler that adds lots of volume to the mix. I'd buy 5 and fill it with 4 then start checking.

I've got an air-oil cooler, and when changing the oil it takes just over 4 quarts to get to the midway point on the dipstick (I prefill my filters). Then I start the car and let it circulate the oil, and it takes about another half quart to bring it up back to the middle. It's probably safe to just throw 5 quarts in it and call it a day.

4 1/2 for me too. Just buy 5, no biggy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quoting Dbossman:
4 1/2 for me too. Just buy 5, no biggy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

+1

Jesh

i put in 4qts start the car and let it run for bout 2 minutes and then let everything settle. and then add a 5th qt. puts it right at the full mark.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts