The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OEM Radio Pinout

SRDK

Hi

I have this gorgeous looking OEM Mitsubishi radio that I'm dying to get installed.
Unfortunately it is not from a Galant VR4, I guess it is from a 1. Gen Eclipse (because the light is orange).

When er plug in the radio the display lights up but I can't turn anything on and it responds to nothing.

I bought the car without a radio so I'm not sure if my wiring harness is hacked or if this radio is defective.

I am looking for a diagram/pinout of the radio so I can test it outside the car.

Anyone? :)

(My car is a ´91 USDM VR4)

IMG_7647.jpg

IMG_7648.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7650.jpg

gvr4ever

I can't help with the wiring diagram, but I'd imagine it's supposed to work with a external amp. My 1G Talon had a pretty loud stereo, compared to the weak sauce of the base Galant VR4 stereo. Although ,the Galant VR4 did have an upgrade option. CD player with an amp in the trunk.

Just in case, check that 10amp fuse.

Galant_martin

No this Radio should work without an amp. I had the same connectors in my wiring loom.

EDIT

Found the pinout, from 3000GT Radios
DC3F2812-82DE-43B9-8E78-91241B6D91DF.jpeg

AE4FD0B3-DAA4-490B-AE76-A971AB2688A7.png

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts