The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nuts and Bolts that won't rust?

VR4ownzU

There's a fastenal up the street from me. I tried to buy Metric two years ago and they had nothing.

spoulson

+1 on stock bolts.

For important stuff, I only get OEM replacement bolts so I can be sure they're the right size, pitch, material, etc. They're almost all cadmium plated (not zinc), which lasts longer and the goldish finish looks better than zinc. If you wanted to keep up appearances, I'd use stainless on stuff like the upper radiator support bolts. New OEM bolts will oxidize within days after a snowstorm and salty roads.

The problem I have with non-OEM bolts is that I can't get quality stuff in metric. The local hardware, Lowe's/HD, Autozone-type, and specialty fastener places either don't carry metric or they're such a limited variety that I have no use. Recently, I needed good exhaust flange bolts and the best I could get from Lowe's was cadmium plated standard hardware. They function perfectly, but metric was not available in cadmium or stainless.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned