The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Number 5/1000

Hey guys, I bought number 5/1000 this past April of 2009, Ive done alot of work to the car since ive bought it....number 5/1000 is back up and running strong.
My names Jesse Sidhu, il post pics and mods up later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy_S

Welcome, good to see that car running good. 5/1000 has been all over Wisconsin. Where in the midwest are you at?

mistaVR4

Welcome man! I like the number! I looked and waited for that number to surface when I first started my search for a GVR-4, I know it was gonna be a very long shot (which it was) but I had to try just because /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

So Nice find, lets see some pics of her ASAP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Hertz:
That's the TOF car?

Yes Ryan. Then Rob (Team Ducktape) had it, then andrew4G63, then 4doordsm, then the current owner(?).

blacksheep

Been talking to TOF off late, he is loving his s2000 and life seems to be going good for him...

Hey new guy - Sidhu - Is that a Punjabi last name?

yea i know this car has been thru alot of owners...but i plan of keeping this car for a very long period of time...... ..as soon as i bought it, i sent it straight to AMS Chicago.....it now has a fully built head with about 25 miles on it as of now, with a built bottom end as well.....ive done alot of progess of this car since April, AMS Chicago had the car for 1 full month, every rusted bolt/washer has been changed, full AMS tune, HKS 272's, AMS took care of every major prob the car had...it runs strong!

I have to scan a list of mods, and a dyno sheet.....car made 270tq/ 300hp on 19PSI on big 16g ported turbo/stock manifold tuned on DSM Link and tuned by Chris Black at AMS.

future mods:(AMS appt. in Novemeber 5th 2009 for....)
- Built axels
- Shep Tranny
- AMS downpipe
-AMS ramhorn manifold
-HKS GT35/ turbo upgrade

lol....and yeh im Punjabi....good guess man

Last edited by a moderator:

mistaVR4

Quoting Hertz:
That's the TOF car?

Wow, I feel like a dumb ass...I guess the multiple switching of owners must have been the reason for my confusion. Mike built one excellent GVR-4! Plus it is the best, most fastest color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Rob is no slouch either, hopefully the last two owners didn't abuse it too bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

once i bought the car, i had heard that the previous owner(s) really beat the sh*t outta this car, and alot of the parts had been parted out....its wasnt in the best running condition when i had recieved it....but hopefully by the end of this year #5/1000 will be in the 450/500whp range.

raptorWagon

Welcome, I'm in New Berlin, but only for a day then I'm back on the road tomorrow.

I had it for about 5k. I drove it all the way back from MS when I got it from TOF, great guy BTW. It was a nice car. I took the 16g off and was in the process of switching to a bigger turbo. While I was under the car I happen to see the rust under the rear quarter. I lost interest at that point and posted it up for sale as it was not perfect. But it was in realy good shape while I had it for the most part. I sold it to andrew4g63 non running for like $3500 if I remember, I think he sold it to someone in chicago for like 5k. After that no idea where it ended up. Anyways neat to see it coming back to WI. Have fun with it.

Wow man so much work already, Great job, Nice to have $$$$ EH. I'm still tryiong to piece mine together too. Very nice work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting jsidhu:
Here is the current status of #5/1000 as of July 20th 09.

Engine
Bored .20 over
Wiseco 8.5 pistons on original 1g rods, mitsu pins, clevite rod and main bearings.
Crank micro-polished, rotating assembly balanced
OEM water pump, oil pump, seals, gaskets, new oem studs and bolts
balance shaft removal kit
all the stuff you normally swap for a t-belt change including Power Enterprises Kevlar lined timing belt, tensioner, yada yada
mitsu harmonic balancer (crank pulley)

Turbo
mitsu big 16G ported (not clipped) by turbo trix
ported 2nd gen exhaust manifold and o2 housing
2.5"/3" RRE downpipe
Custom 3" exhaust, all mandrel bends, resonator
Diamondstar motorsports FMIC
AMS Intercooler piping
1g BOV

Tuning
DSM link V3 base tune
GM maf
EVO8 560 injectors
Walbro 255lph hp fuel pump, rewired
Aeromotive afpr
Full AMS-CHICAGO Dyno tune.(By Chris Black)
AEM UEGO Wideband O2 sensor and meter

Tranny
billet shift fork on new pivot ball
ACT 2600 clutch with street disk
stainless clutch flex line

Head:
new oem built head
full port n polish job(AMS Chicago)
crower dual valve springs
titan retainers
HKS 272 cams
New lifers, rockers
Evo 3 MLS headgasket
Arp 1g Headstuds

EXTRAS
New plugs and wires
JDM throttle body(AMS)
stainless brake lines from RRE
factory springs on KYB AGX shocks
Autometer 20-20 boost gauge
gauges mounted in pillar pod
C&R Racing aluminum radiator with slim-line pusher and puller fans
Samco upper rad hose
AMS Lightweight Racing Battery
Low mileage tires (Goodyear Eagle GT...very good ride/handling compromise)
Momo Steering Wheel "Race evo" black leather/alcantera
1G DSM shifter with leather boot
Sparco pedal covers
89 underdash
re-sprayed wheels

AMS Chicago Shop Work:

Full-Head re-build
HKS 272 Cams
Evo 3 MLS Headgasket
Thermostat gasket
Intake Manifold gasket 1g
91 throttle body gasket
cam seal
throttle body elbow gasket
Evo 8 exhaust manifold gasket 3 layer bronze
PTE 4 top and 4 bottom injector o-rings
cooling water hose
Joint cooling water
Throttle body rubber hose
Washer, Exhaust manifold
Valve cover gasket
valve cover gasket O-ring
valve cover half moon
2g water temp guage sender
Oil feed block off plug on head
ARP 1g headstuds
Turbo oil return gasket
Thermostat gasket
AMS Oil 10-30 Syn. Oil Change
BG Syncroshift(tranny)
re-wire temp guage sensor
AMS manual boost controller kit
AMS dyno. tuning on DSMlink on 93 oct.(tuned by:Chris Black/ 19psi-22psi/ Air Fuel ratio under load- 11.4:1)
AMS DSM throttle body flange
AMS small batter kit
AMS Intercooler piping kit
K&N 3'' cone filter
AMS racing battery
Small battery tie down and plate
AMS 1g bov flange
GM Maf cable from DSMLINK
Gm Maf install

0718091428a.jpg

0720090155.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts