The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Northern Colorado speak up

prove_it

So I might be moving to Fort Collins in the near future. I won't know anyone there so if there are any members close by let me know. It would be nice to meet and maybe head up into the mountains for some spirited fun.
How many of you are there? Are there any events coming up in that area?

464/2K

Area is good, about hour drive from denver. Events are ok, only a few but they are big. Lots of car meets, i think there are 3 members up there.

prove_it

That's good. Here in SD in my town of about 130,000 I am the only one with a VR4 that's tuned. The other is owned by an old man. He won't sell it either. It's virgin with about 90,000 miles. He won't sell it.
Here it's all STI, EVO, DSM. That's all.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting Gimpin:
www.coloraodracing.net is a pretty good all around car local forum.

Link fail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

That would be www.coloradoracing.net

Quoting Gimpin:
There are a ton of colorado VR4 owners

Give Tim a shout, and he'll get you up to speed on the area.

There's some really nice driving in the area. Cameron Pass over the divide is an exceptional drive.

Quote:
not all of them come out... some are cool some are not.

What you talkin 'bout?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke.gif We done banished all the troublemakers to the frozen, windswept tundra down south. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quoting prove_it:
That's good. Here in SD in my town of about 130,000 I am the only one with a VR4 that's tuned. The other is owned by an old man. He won't sell it either. It's virgin with about 90,000 miles. He won't sell it.
Here it's all STI, EVO, DSM. That's all.

There's another member in SD that has 3 gvr4's. I know that @ least one was tuned.

prove_it

Yea, I've met you before. It's different on the westside of the state. There are qutie a few VR4s over there. Not in Sioux Falls, it's hard to find someone that has even seen an actual VR4.

I am sure you will like it here in Fort Collins it is a nice place to live. The best part of it is you are close enough to Denver for sports/concerts/misc. but don't have to deal with all the crap that goes on in a bigger city.

The_Big_Weave

I will probly be in SuFu soon to pick up a 4g64 from a friend, we will have to meet up and I wanna see the galant.

prove_it

Quoting TJTay89:
I am sure you will like it here in Fort Collins it is a nice place to live. The best part of it is you are close enough to Denver for sports/concerts/misc. but don't have to deal with all the crap that goes on in a bigger city.

That's what I like about the city. I've been using virtual earth to look for good roads to drive close by. Tell me what's the car scene like over there?

prove_it

Big Weave, PM when your headed out.

prove_it

Are there a lot of guys wanting to do performance work there? I'm a trained tech and worked at a few performance shops now and I might have the financial backing to start a dyno shop, however I'm trying to see if there is enough interest in the area. Also if I did move there I'm trying to find a garage to work out of and can do custom fab work.

Just trying to get a feel for how much interest there would be.

Gimpin

truthfully there arent any shortage of Dynos ... somewhat depending on where you are ... Neither are there any shortage of shops ... some really good ones ... some not so much

prove_it

Can I get a list from someone in the area. I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm in Longmont. Off to the side of I25 in btw Denver and Ft Collins. I'm right next to Boulder. I would say the car scene here is pretty decent. It's not bad. The owner of DSMTuners lives in Highlands Ranch which is right southwest of Denver. There is a well known Evo tuner here in Longmont, SubaPerformance is in Boulder along with about 5 other Subaru shops. Theres a race car shop across from Tobz tuning, not sure what the hell they do but they have a lot of cool cars sitting around.
In Longmont there are a lot of decent civics that are actually done right... Besides the ebay coil overs they actually put JDM lookin rims on them a front lip and the usual fart can. They really do look pretty tasteful. They're not the super riced out, body kitted, baby blue cracked front bumper, gold lower control armed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif, hatchback mounted wing car you're used to seeing. Oh and chicks drive them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Lots and lots and lots of WRX/STI's... Really... They're everywhere. Trust me I drive one. SRT4's, very few TSI/AWD's on the road here in Lmont. I do see them in Denver, Theres a sick ass black supra that rolls around here as well. Theres also a guy with a Celica GT4 but he wont sell and treats the car like crap. Theres a Chevy Astro with a 383 stroker, couple big diesels.

Overall its pretty well rounded. I've been drinking... I think i'll stop for now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned