The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Noob from Nebraska

hey guys, I bought number 736/2000 last week and I have to say that I love this little car.
Previous to this I had an 05 Evolution VIII and prior to that was a bugeye WRX. my financial situation changed when I bought my first house this past month so the evo and its insuance and payments had to go. good news is that I ended up buying a house with a nice big garage/shop and my VR4.

I think the thing I like most about my VR4 is that it has tons of personality. It has 176k miles on it and everything still works fantastic, sure its a bit rough around the edges but for a car that could legally drink, I think its doing well.

things to address:
leaking valve cover gasket/ possible bad valve stem seal.
leaking pinion seal on rear end.
clutch engages very low, may need to be bled/ adjusted and new master/ slave cylinders.
Lower front control arm bushings shot, as well as one of the ball joints. (found the ebay special $100 shipped for the pair)
Car has exhaust leak, plans for fixing include 2.5 custom system with a resonator and a dynomax VT muffler. since this is my daily i still want it to be quiet.
peel the nasty tint of the rear window.
replace corner light bulbs.
deal with small bit of rust and re attach passenger rear dog leg.
lots of cleaning.

Things already fixed:
Installed key-less entry system
replaced stereo with older Pioneer AVIC F700BT with a sweeeeet splash screen. (i know its the wrong model but close enough)
moved boost gauge from glove box to side of gauge cluster.
4 new cheap yokohama all seasons.
changed oil.
MAF hack/ removed silencers.
Hub adapter on the way for my momo montecarlo steering wheel.

here are a few pictures of how she looks today
6591212945_06f77abb89_z.jpg

6591223369_c98efdfb99_z.jpg

6591231325_dc1842c345_z.jpg

6591239079_14d69af37b_z.jpg

6616521745_833be1ef30_z.jpg

6616526425_7a0fb76c86_z.jpg

6616528713_be920a6775_z.jpg

here is also a pic of my new house and awesome garage!!!
6591244895_9b181d2d31_z.jpg

6591259121_12cc0bb0b1_z.jpg

My other car is a 95 miata, and to give you an idea of how far I have transformed it in a year. I hope this is an indication of how far the Galant will come.
5507213611_ccd316a3dd_z.jpg

5507811714_61a4b66e24_z.jpg

to this
6222925433_2d3001a589_z.jpg

6223442878_7e4d57175a_z.jpg
(you can see my old evo in this pic too) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

A big thanks to everyone on here allredy for providing such a great resource for these old cars.
Looking forward to enjoying my new car!

Last edited by a moderator:

dmj

Welcome, looks like it is in capable hands. Nice Garage with lots of space by the way

turbohf

welcome, im jealous of the garage/shop...

minneSNOWta

Congrats on the house! Have fun with your new ride. Splash screen is a nice touch. That NA is sick! The rising sun hard top is bad ass as well.

Last edited:

coolclean577

nice to have 3 white ones in town... someday we should take a cruz in the galant see you around town..where you at local in omaha?

Olson

Thought I saw that name before, went and checked NSOC, Gratz dude mines back in lincoln till i get back in the states. I suggest talking to Jon over there and setting it up for rally cross.
Jake

Already been talking to Jon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm in sorta southwest Omaha.

thanks man! ive been driving it more while its been nice, and its given me time to get a few things fixed on the VR4.

now that Ive had some time to get to know my new car, I have to say I love it!!!! my girlfriend has affectionately named her Beatrice... which I think seems fitting.
anyway Ive been busy with work but also busy doing some online shopping.
In my basement i have
-Rear differential pinion seal.
-2 brand new front lower control arms with bushings and balljoints
-2G coated exhaust manifold
-Rally Armor Red UR mudflaps
in addition I just won an ebay auction for a momo steering hub for $30 and I have a monte carlo wheel sitting here waiting for it.

I cant wait to get started on this but between buying new furniture for the house, work, and the cold weather, it will have to wait a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Hopefully this week I can get some work done on the thing.
New pictures to come!

KT

Do I see a MTB in one of those pics?

We're hitting Tranquility tomorrow (Sun, 15 Jan) at ~1 for a lap or two since the weather will be nice. Come on out if you have time. I'm off Mon and plan on working on/in my garage while the house is empty.

KT

Last edited:

haha it is, but thats not in my garage,
I do however have a specialized.
Thanks for the offer but i wont be able to make it because ill be working on the VR4.

coolclean577

hey ken you got time this weekend hlep me find the problem with the galant.. or help me bleed my clutch.... i need some hands who down to help me with it .?/

Diego

A lot of you guys popping up in the O metro... I'll be back end of this month for about a year but no more then two years to recoup.

Street Surgeon

Welcome to the club, I'm keepin' it real over here with the Kensington Grey!
gvr42.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts