The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Noob ECMlink V3 Question

GSTwithPSI

So I just got a 1G ECM link V3 kit in the mail. The data cable is a USB on one end, and a OBD II connector on the other. Is this the right cable? And if so, do I need some kind of adapter to go from the OBD II ECMlink cable to the 1G data connector?

ecmtuning_V3Lite.jpg

rdomeck

click

That is the right cable, it should be the same for OBD-1 or OBD-2 according to the link above.

Racah15

You ordered or bought DSMLink for a 2g DSM. You could have also ordered dsmlink for 1g but have mistakenly been given dsmlink for a 2g. You need to contact someone from DSMLink and ask if you can return it, or sell it and buy dsmlink for 1g. That will not work unless you are running a 2g ecu/obd II. All this is assuming you took that picture yourself.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

You need the 1g dsm diag cable not an OBD2 cable.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Racah15:
You ordered or bought DSMLink for a 2g DSM. You could have also ordered dsmlink for 1g but have mistakenly been given dsmlink for a 2g. You need to contact someone from DSMLink and ask if you can return it, or sell it and buy dsmlink for 1g. That will not work unless you are running a 2g ecu/obd II. All this is assuming you took that picture yourself.

Sorry, that was just a generic picture I found online. I got a 1G V3 chip, but received a 2G OBD II cable. I just wanted to make sure that ECMtuning is still in fact shipping cables made specifically for the 1G data connector, and that I don't need some adapter or something to utilize the 2G OBD II cable I received.

Here's a pic of what I actually got:
WP_000451.jpg

Soooo did I just get shipped the wrong cable???

Last edited:

turbowop

Looks like you were shipped the wrong cable, since it looks like you have the correct chip. Call them and I'm sure they'll get it sorted out for you.

GSTwithPSI

Looks like they did indeed send me the wrong cable. Emailed them last night and already have one on the way! The guys at ECMtuning are awesome. Thanks for the help guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts