The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NON vr4 galants in us?

DDM

This is a stupid question (hence the newb section) but how many years and how many non vr4 galants are there in us? I have yet to see one. There are non on ebay. Did they all just fall apart and got junked or am i blind?

broxma

Do you mean non-VR4's of the US VR4 age(91-92)? If you're looking for those, I know where a bunch of them are. They sit on cross welded steel rims at any number of the local scrap yards.

Any on the road? Probably not.

/brox

turbohf

last time i was at the junkyard there was a regular Galant out there (gold), VR4 in the yard also (green), and a GSX in the parking lot (silver)...

as for on the road, not sure i have ever noticed a regular galant, seen a couple GSX's, and few VR4's. but really, Honda/Toyota sold a shitload more cars than Mitsubishi did in those years, so you see way more of those...

gramkrakr89

so far, I've seen more VR-4's in person (locally) than LS, GS, and GSX combined.

(of course, I also lived in an area heavily populated by people who, 20 years ago, would rather have abandoned their childhood religion than purchased a foreign car) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

DDM

I see a few vr4 here and there not counting local meets ect but i have yet to see my generation non vr4 galant on the street. Thats why i was asking. I thought it was maybe just my area.

DDM

I honestly think that those are harder to find now-a-days than the vr4s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

raptorWagon

Quoting broxma:
Do you mean non-VR4's of the US VR4 age(91-92)? If you're looking for those, I know where a bunch of them are. They sit on cross welded steel rims at any number of the local scrap yards.

Any on the road? Probably not.

/brox

Alpha Male's GGSX is on the road, and I've seen a number of regular 6th gens on the road.

Galant GSXs are rarer than VR4s in the US.

broxma

I'm talking a base model 91 Galant LS. I don't remember seeing any of those on the road when they were new. But there are probably 7 of them at the scrap yard here in town.

Who are these people?

/brox

raptorWagon

There were a few LSs around running around Virginia beach and a GSR in Hampton, VA. The GSR owner was a member on here at one point, I believe. However most yes are found at your local PicknPull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Horse

There's a 1991 base model Galant (auto/2wd) for sale on Craigslist in my area. Guy is asking $900. Supposedly, it runs/drives just fine.

turbohf

Quoting thedsmguy:
Turbohf

I want to go to that junkyard!

I've owned a Galant LS it even had the LS web wheels.. pretty nice car for being a old mitsu.

he made a post about a month back saying he was scrapping the car. the VR4 had pretty much nothing. the gold car had everything lol. i took the alternator and right headlight. but other than that, dont see much use to it. Gold exterior, red interior, fwd...eww.

Leon_R

Quoting redwood:
so what all is the difference between the vr4 and the gsx??

Think non-turbo, non AWS/aBS GVR4 with cloth interior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jesus_Negros

Just about every galant I see on the road are non-VR4....especially since most of them are 8th gen galants /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Ian M

There used to be a ton of non VR4s around here when they were new,and there are a couple on the road I see from time to time. A neighbor has a fairly clean '93. Back in the day they seemed to be one of the cars of choice in the 'hood,a lot had black windows,chrome fender trim and old school five spoke or "hammers" wheels. Galants kinda had a stigma.

Until a few years ago at least there usually six or seven Galants (and tons of 1g T/E/L) in our local junkyards at any given time. Since scrap is up,most yards have crushed out and a Galant is far and few in between. I cut up and scrapped a '90 GS a few years ago,it was the only one in the yard.

ade

i owned a green 91 ls 5spd from 1999 to 2001, traded it for a 92 Diamante. never seen it since.

raptorWagon

Quoting Leon_R:
Quoting redwood:
so what all is the difference between the vr4 and the gsx??

Think non-turbo, non AWS/aBS GVR4 with cloth interior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also came in flavors of Auto or 5spd.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts