The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Non-Destructive Rear Lower Damper Removal

mooserage

Staff member
Does anyone have suggestions on removing these without destroying? While removing the damper both bushings came out of the damper and left the lower metal bushing that is stuck and integrated rubber bushing behind.

I could of course cut them off, but there's nothing wrong with the performance of these dampers, so I'd like to try and save them.

christo

Small gear puller maybe, see if you can spray some silicon and use a small screwdriver or something to see if you can work the bushing loose from the metal.

JNR

This may be worth a try: If you turn a compressed air can upside down while spraying, it is extremely cold...Spray the rubber (only) liberally as to have it contract and it's possible that you can then pull it off.

mooserage

Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try a couple of things tonight.

I tried a gear puller, but it can't grab on the rubber bushing and I wouldn't want it to dig in too hard anyway. I do have one thing I might be able to try there as well though.

Will report back with the findings...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts