The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No start

solidviper89

MT helped me diagnose the no start problem my car has. She seems to have gotten the flu.
I asked cru today for helped and I got answers from MT.
I did what MT told me to do and find 3 wire connector, where stock battery used to be.
I got the wire going to the starter solenoid a yellow/black wire IIRC.
I then sent +12v by jumping it straight to battery with a piece of hanger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Car started.

I don't feel like using a hanger to start my car.

So things I have ruled out as broken, by using MT's method:
Starter is good
Starter solenoid is good
Starter solenoid wire thingy is good

What path does the wire take from there?

I'm thinking a relay or something else.

He said something about blue/black wire in steering column, but it was too much info for me to remember all day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

mitsuturbo

There is a 6 or 8 pin harness which i believe has a black and blue connector that goes from chassis to ignition switch. Check for voltages there.

At least as it stands now, you can start the car from under the hood if you have to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

solidviper89

Fixed it, just like MT said...

I checked clutch switch and figured out how it works. The little plastic disk thing broke in half.

I disconnected the switch and it started right up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mitsuturbo

That's the FIRST thing i do when i get a manual 4g63 car. Disconnect that lower clutch switch. I didn't even think to mention that, actually.
I hate having to push the clutch to start the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts