The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No start/ hard start / IAT reading -40f , coolant temp reading -74f , boost reading 38psi.. sounds like running on 2 cylinders

yeti

So the car was running fine today, I went to change the valve cover gasket and decided to add PCV system back to stock.

Did BLT , Cleaned injectors ( with eBay battery powered device ) and put in new injector seals.

Did BLT and holding pressure

Go to restart and just get a bunch of cranking.

Tried bump starting down 6 blocks the car would turn on but if I hit the gas it would die immediately.

Only way I got back home was to remove the intake to PCV line and let that breathe ( I started removing all new stuff or anything Changed once it wouldn’t start

Check logs and getting -40f IAT, -74coolant temp / 38psi Boost

Well that’s not right.

I’ve gone over the car physically and can’t see anything I did wrong or forgot.

I’m thinking it’s either my ecu frying/ some type of short circuit / or other electrical issue.

The fact that my logs are reading these screwed numbers LOCKED at idle means something correct?

Getting a CEL for coolant temp sensor circuit malfunction - this couldn’t cause this correct?

8E7DBCD3-33F0-40DA-A43D-35FCC9481EE4.png

turbofonz

Is the car on speed density? Did you unplug the speed density harness? Did you bump the thermostat housing ? All those seem like sensors are unplugged.

yeti

Is the car on speed density? Did you unplug the speed density harness? Did you bump the thermostat housing ? All those seem like sensors are unplugged.
Indeed I bumped the thermostat housing and made wires touch each other causing sensor ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts