The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No spark nor fuel...what could this be?

Scase90

Im getting no spark and no fuel.... no voltage to the cas, no ecu voltage, i have 2 12v power sources at the mpi relay and the 20a fuse is good..
I used the cas off of my buddys 91 tsi plugged it in and turned the gear clockwise, i got no injector pulse, no spark and no fuel pump... Ive checked all of my fuses inside and out and ive done simple test on everything... Everything checks out good.. Ive used my buddys cas and coilpack and mpi relay still nothing.. any help would be appreciated..

Quoting Scase90:
Im getting no spark and no fuel.... no voltage to the cas, no ecu voltage, i have 2 12v power sources at the mpi relay and the 20a fuse is good..
I used the cas off of my buddys 91 tsi plugged it in and turned the gear clockwise, i got no injector pulse, no spark and no fuel pump... Ive checked all of my fuses inside and out and ive done simple test on everything... Everything checks out good.. Ive used my buddys cas and coilpack and mpi relay still nothing.. any help would be appreciated..

Try swaping in a known good ecu, if you haven't already.....

Scase90

yeah ive already use my buddys dsm linked ecu out his tsi and still nothing.

BluFalcon

This is a longshot, but is the 10 amp "Room" fuse in the D/S kick panel blown? My roommate's project Talon had a no spark issue that had her stumped, so I took a look at it. Validated all the electrical connections, and checked the fuses. Found the "Room" fuse blown, and swapped another one in. Car started right up afterwards. Could be worth a look.

grocery_getter

The 10A control current to the MPI relay. It is a very important fuse.

Does the CEL cycle when you put the key in the ignition and click it to the "ON" position? The CEL should turn on for a little bit and then turn off, indicating the ECU booting up and readying itself.

With the key in the ON position, do you have 12v at the coil pack, the CAS or the injector? Your TPS and MAS should have 5v too. The 12v at coil pack, CAS and injector comes from the MPI relay, the TPS and MAS 5v comes from ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned