The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

no power

LordAthey

Alright guys I'm super confused on this one. Just got the motor rebuild and it feels like it has no power. When i give it more gas the boost gauge goes up but the car doesn't go any faster. When I give it a little gas it goes but not fast. I have tried a different ecu different injectors. I've checked for boost leaks there's none. I was just wondering what you guys think the problem is. The check engine is not on either.

LordAthey

no datalogger just new je pistons acl bearing, water pump, and alternator. Plus gaskets, everything else is stock.

galant344

check timing belt position, cam/crank sensor, tps set right, throttle cable on correctly, compression, mass sensor operating correctly, fuel pressure...
I'm just throwing stuff out there of things to check if you haven't. what is the car doing when you accelerate? sputtering or just accelerating slowly? (when you give it a lot of gas that is)

galant344

I know there is other people here that can chime in w/ better information but seems like you should check a few things.
make sure there is no debris in your mass air flow sensor and start double checking everything like your tps position, timing, fuel delivery, be absolutely positive no boost leaks... stupid but make sure the plugs are gapped correctly and the wires are on correctly and all electrical plugs are plugged in all the way and vacuum lines are correctly routed. seems like a logger is going to help you in this situation so if you can get one i would recommend it. If you already swapped in known good ecu and injectors you can put that to the side and start on this other stuff.
hopefully some of this helps. if it was running well before i would assume it has to be a simple mistake made on reassembly.

LordAthey

it was running perfect so I was figuring it was something stupid... alright I will try those things out thanks for the help guys. If anyone else has some stuff to input just let me know.

CSMShaun

Without any kind of datalogging capabilities it is going to be hard to diagnose and correct the problem you are having.

Check your timing belt tensioner, sounds like you may of jumped your timing. Just check to make sure your car is in time. Because that would definatley do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts