The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No power to fuel pump

snohacking

So I finally got my car back together and I go to start it and it just cranks and cranks. I didn't hear the fuel or anything and I have no fuel pressure. So I look for the fuel pump fuse, aka mpi fuse, and it looks fine. I find what I believe is the mpi relay (goldish box under glove box on passenger side close to the ecu) and make sure it is plug in. How do I test these to make sure it is working? What else should I look at?

Last edited:

BoostedAWD91

Are you getting power on the harness that plugs into the pump? If you are then you have a bad pump or bad wire in tank. If you aren't then you probably have a bad relay or short. Put your hand on the relay as your turn the key to see if it clicks or have someone listen

snohacking

I put power straight to the pump and it works, but I have to check relays. Does the fuel pump have its own relay? I thought it was part of the mpi relay.

Last edited:

SouthCaliVR4

You can pop the cover off the mpi relay & manually activate the fuel pump, that will tell you if it's a command issue or wiring/ground.

snohacking

find problem yesterday. I turned out to be the relay for the rewire kit. I disconnected the rewire kit for now and I am just running the stock pump wiring. Thanks to all that helped with input.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned