The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

no oil pressure after balance shaft removal

i am having a problem with a 7 bolt after i fully rebuilt motor and eliminted balance shafts. i blocks the front balance shaft oil holes and put plug in place of the shaft and i didnt have any oil being picked up after i started motor for a few minutes still didnt achieve any oil pressure? it didnt even get picked up so i pulled pan and removed the pick up tube and checked gasket and saw that there was oil under the gasket as if there was a leak maybe causing it maybe not to pick any up.also was wondering if maybe the stub shaft bolt backed off. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Looks like you forgot to block the rear most BS bearing. All in all, you should have to block 2 on the front part of the motor. Looks like you only did 1.

EMX5636

If you didn't pack the oil pump with assembly lube (or manually prime it with a drill), it can take a while to suck oil up and displace the air in the pump. I still would check the rear balance shaft bearing though. Make sure there's a delete bearing, or a stock one spun so the holes don't line up. This goes for both in the front (left side when viewing from the timing belt end).

You can check the stub shaft bolt by removing the "star plug" behind the oil pump timing belt gear. There is an O-ring behind it, but just tap it loose with a flat head and a small hammer. The bolt (and star plug) should be loc-tited for re-assembly if you didn't the first time.

Last edited:

pauleyman

It isn't the rear balance shaft. It's the front one (the one that requires the belt). There are two bearings and both must be rotated to block off the holes.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts