The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NO LONGER FS: 92 galant vr4 372/1000 k grey western ny $4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCustomer

VEHICLE IS NO LONGER FOR SALE

Ok, so here's the deal. Before you look at any of this know a couple of things: I won't part it out, I don't want to sell, nor do I need to sell. This car needs work, especially assembly and a bit of body work (not a ton, but more on that later). Before you laugh at my asking price also keep in mind that I don't need to sell, I won't take a loss, I won't take offers, I want to see these cars go for what they're actually worth and half of the parts that will come with it are still bnib. The only reason this is even here is because I'm feeling really overwhelmed and if I get into a tight spot I will hopefully have a buyer lined up. In the meantime I will still be working on it and if/when I finish it I will probably keep it for a very long time, especially since a lot of you won't be able to afford it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm starting with the bad to try and scare people off. 188k on the clock. It has a decent dent in the drivers rear quarter panel. Fixable, but it's there. Also has a weird dent between the trunk and the body, I'm not sure how, but it's also fixable. The engine bay wiring may be kind of weird. I have a spare section that is completely unhacked, but it's just the part that goes from the ecu to the injectors and some other stuff. It pretty much stops at the connector right before the fuse box (I think). The rear bumper has a little bit of damage. It hasn't actually been hit or anything but it's beat up and needs paint. It is jdm though. I would love to advertise the car as rust free, and I basically can, but there is a little surface rust coming in here and there but it looks like it could be fought off which I'm in the process of. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but here is the list of stuff you will have to buy to get it running and driving. This list is relatively complete and accurate.

Short block. (this could be quite bare, really just a rotating assembly. as you will see I have pretty much every part for it.)
Front shocks (I have springs)
Tires
Lower radiator hose
Battery
Intake
the rest of the intercooler piping (I have the hot side and the section the bov is on)
Most of the motor mount hardware including brackets.
Valve cover
Exhaust manifold
exhaust manifold nuts
o2 housing
oil cooler
alternator
power steering pump
transfer case
front axles
all fluids
gaskets for intake system and exhaust system

Honestly that's all I can think of that you would need to buy to make it complete.

Here is what come with it that's not installed.
2g head. I have a cometic head gasket and arp head studs for it. The head studs are used, but the cometic has never been torqued down. Also comes with the 2g intake manifold and throttle body. The head has been milled for use on a 1g block. The head also has a 1g intake cam and 2g exhaust cam.
As for the engine. The block itself will not go with it, but the low mileage 90 ofh, and complete timing belt kit including oem water pump will be there.
Slightly lower mileage radiator
93 headlights
92 headlights
1 set of 92 tails
2 sets of 89 tails
jdm front bumper (needs painted) with projector fogs
jdm rear bumper (needs a little body work and painted)
Carbon fiber wingless trunk
3rd brake light from a (I think) base model galant
Curtis's subframe connectors
custom floor mats
symborski shift kit
manual seat belts
89 under dash
89 glove box
single din flip screen dvd player
pioneer two way speakers
abs delete
newish rear brake lines (fronts are also really good condition)
a/c delete
no cruise
emissions delete
cmpe 3" turbo back with HKS carbon ti muffler
H & R lowering springs (0 miles)
Rear kyb agx's
Stainless brake lines
BNIB ceramic pads front and back
BNIB rotors front and back
I don't know how many miles, but this gas tank looks to be in amazing shape
BNIB AEM uego wideband
V2 of dsm link ($175 to upgrade)
Fuel pump rewire
walbro 255 fuel pump
PTE 880cc injectors
ETS hotside and bov pipe section powder coated black
5 lug swap
Both the front and rear subframes are out of a 50k mile awd laser, the rear is of course LSD.
stock dsm trans
2g gst wheels
Generic strut tower bars
What I was told was an apex'i fmic. This thing is big but I will get exact dimensions soon
ngk plug wires and plugs
blingin' battery tray
e3 16g
amber corners
apex'i pen style turbo timer
BNIB hallman pro boost controller

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but there it is. Part of the main reason that I don't want to sell is because I por15'd the whole underbody, the gas tank and the wheel wells (then chassis coat black on the wheel wells) which is just a miserable job. Overall I must have spent very close to 24 hours if not more just underneath the car por15'ing. It looks awesome too, and you can see it in the pics. Basically like I said I have no real plans to sell and don't try to show up with $4k in cash because that will not be enough if I have no obligation to sell. Car has a clean title btw.

DSC00114.jpg
DSC00116.jpg
DSC00118.jpg
DSC00119.jpg
DSC00120.jpg
DSC00165.jpg
DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00097.jpg
DSC00008.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

I like the way that the center console looks without the coin holder and the different armrest. Good luck with not selling it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

SouthCaliVR4

I'd say good luck but I don't think you'll have any problem not selling it for 4k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SmoothCustomer

Lol thanks guys. That center console is from an 89. It doesn't mount perfectly but it's pretty good and I have to figure out something creative for the window switch.

SmoothCustomer

If it didn't have so many of the rare/desirable parts the price wouldn't be so high, but this thing is a parts gold mine.

NYC86ZC

Poor #372. I remember the days when it used to see it running around here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Good luck on the sale.

donkeylips

He's not gonna sell, the title is coming in the mail this week and this thing will be running around again in no time. He found out the threads in the block for one of the headstuds is stripped. I wouldn't let him part with half this stuff. He would make more parting it so I wouldn't let him sell outright haha.

Last edited:

Sean92AWD

Man i shoulda kept this car. I did alot of work tryig to fix all of the hacked up stuff in it and spent alot of money on the bumpers and other misc stuff i had. Do you still have the certified exhaust with the HKS carbon Ti?

SmoothCustomer

^^Yep. Definitely not selling by the way. I just have to find something to do with it over the winter. I have that exhaust and tons and tons of good parts. Did you ever mount up that jdm bumper or do any wiring to make the side markers turn signals? Just wondering so I know all what I have to do. It doesn't seem to hacked up right now, which is nice but it is missing some random parts like a whole trunk wiring harness (wtf?) luckily I had a parts car.

atc250r

Staff member
In the future, if you've decided to not sell the car, please adjust the title and contents of the thread accordingly.

Thank You.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts