The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No Houston Machine Shops

Dan D

I'm tired of trying to find a decent machine operation here in Houston. The only ones worth a damn don't know diddly about four cylinders or turbo motors and basically scoff of the idea of a well built four banger. With a newborn in the house, I'd rather spend money than time at this point.

If anyone has recommendations on a shop (anywhere in US) to ship a block for machine work or better yet a source for already rebuilt short blocks that don't cost a fortune ($2500 shipped max), please let me know.

Looking to build (or buy something similar)
2.0l
Ross pistons; 8.5:1 on Scat rods
Torque plate honed if available
ARP main studs/line honed
Inspected & polished oem crank
deck'd surface with 40RA surface finish
balanced rotating assembly

Lonewolf64

FFWD is pretty awesome, but I don't know if they satisfy your $2,500 max spending limit. Website can be found here. click

Dan D

Has anyone here had something built by FFWD? I've been on their site many many times over the last decade but never bought from them.

cheekychimp

Yes I had a 9.0:1 2.3 litre stroker built by them with just about everything done to it. Not cheap, but very professional in what they do. I've come to the conclusion that everyone who is anyone in the engine building business has a chip on their shoulder and the ego to go with it. Depending on how you handle that will dictate if you decide the man in charge "knows his stuff" or is just a "condescending asshole". It all went smoothly, everything was put together well and I got something back that I felt "guilty" putting in a greasy engine bay. It ought to have been put in a glass case.

Romanova

Dan, LMK if you ever want to drink beer and turn wrenches...

Dan D

I've been wondering about DSM graveyard as well. I haven't found any first hand reviews of their work but what they have available and their price looks good.

Romanova,

We definitely need to meet up some time. Maybe after I get my engine situation figured out, we can spin some wrenches & drink some beer together.

JUANPSI

I had darren at ffwd do a head and a few other things. As someone mentioned before I felt guilty putting it together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts