The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No brake pressure after JSB

MellowVR4

Hi all, wanted to see if i can get your guys opinion on this problem. So I recently removed the vr4 from the JSB position so i can take it out of the garage to wash it for some pics that where needed for the plates i applied for.I go and hit the brakes and barely nothing, Check brake fluid reservoir and their isnt anything in their??? looked underneath the car many many times before i took it off the jackstands because obviously ive been working on it, and have not seen any puddle of brake fluid or anything leaking in that matter. Im wondering where the fluid go? the car was on jackstands for almost a year. I havent tried to bleed them yet incase their is air in the system, Im just confused on how this could happen, Maybe the reservoir cap was loose and it evaporated? bad seal maybe? what do you guys think? Any input would be awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks in adavanced.

EHmotorsports

Possibly the back of the master cyl into the brake booster. Pull the two nuts off and carefully pull the master cyl away from the booster to check for any fluid. If the master is bad I'm 90% sure the booster will also be bad since the brake fluid takes out rubber in no time.

MellowVR4

Fawk, so fluid would defenetly come out from removing the two bolts on the master cylinder? like alot? Ill have to do that after the Packer game. Thanks for the advice sir.

MellowVR4

I checked and all I found was a few drops of fluid on the master cylinder, not sure if I should.try to bleed the whole system of not? Maybe theirs air in it?

EHmotorsports

Would be a good start. That way you can carefully inspect everything while your wheels are off bleeding the system.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Brake fluid won't evaporate. In fact it absorbs water.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned