The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No Brake fluid..,

Iggy

So when I bought my GVR4 it had one blown rubber brake line. I decided since it's an older car I should just replace all the lines. So I replaced all the rubber lines with stainless lines from JNZ, I also replaced the front pads and rotors.
Here's where everything got annoying. I went to bleed the lines and got no fluid at the rear, none. I was thinking "maybe it's just going to take awhile to work all the air out." so moved one to the fronts. The front passenger side gets fluid but not much, and the pedal doesn't drop when the bleeder is loosened. And the front driver's side bleeds just as it should. Any idea's as to what the hell I did/might have done? Cuz I'm lost.

fuel

If the master cylinder has been run bone dry it can take a while for it to build up enough pressure to push fluid back through the lines. Best way is to take the master cylinder out completely and 'bench bleed it' by filling up the reservoir and pumping the piston while also applying pressure from your fingers over the output lines, kinda acting like a one way valve allowing fluid to seep out a little bit but not allowing air to come back in. Keep pumping until the piston becomes firm and the fluid being expelled is free of air. You'll kinda get a feel for this anyway. Once you get a firm piston and fluid coming out, then put the master back into the car by connecting the lines ASAP. Don't worry if air gets back in, once the master has been bench bled you can then continue to bleed the whole system as per normal until no more air comes out at any corner. Don't forget to keep topping up the master as you work, as you don't want to repeat the steps all over again if it goes empty.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I agree with master bleed first, then also try turning the car on to cycle the ABS unit. I have never had issues bleeding the ABS also using my Vacula, but you if the system is very empty.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts