The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nissan Aircon System to Galant GTI

GalantJae

Good day mates,

noobie queries.

im thinking converting/changing my ac system to calsonic nissan parts is that okay or anyone tried this? i need a ice cold ac system even in the middle of the day.

My location philippines,

any advice/comments will be appreciated.

thank you.

Snook1345

never read anything on this forum about that, try the search.

you will find some posts about how to yank it out but i havent heard of interchangeable parts for a/c

at least in the states. just roll the windows down? get a little fan to plug in to the cigarette lighter?

how hot can it be? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

thomcasey

He is in the Philippines, so it gets real hot and stupid humid.

Only way to tell for sure would be to pull the parts of the Nissan and check for fitment, also check for compatibility with the rest of the system. But, your best option would be to find the parts off another Galant.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Very difficult to do effectively. You can probably make any parts work with custom hoses or fittings, but be aware that increasing capacity of any individual component such as a condenser or compressor may not yield any benefits unless the components work effectively together.

If you were able to get a system from a slightly larger interior capacity vehicle for under the hood, that might help, but still using the stock evaporator will limit any improvements.

Can you do a good complete charge with the original R12? That was supposed to be more efficient size-for-size than R134A.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts