The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

newbie with the gvr4s

I had sworn off DSM's after having a couple kids, I know a few of yall from the other DSM forums where I used the handle "Jon Smith". Looks like I'm back 'in the scene' with a pair of gVR4 purchases over the past 4 weeks. Picked up 814/2000 bone stock with a dead #3cyl, last week I picked up 1335/2000 with some minor mods (E3-16g) and some nice audio gear.

/ghey FNG post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nicely done, now I must stress the issue that this thread is useless without pictures.

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting Red_Bird:
Nicely done, now I must stress the issue that this thread is useless without pictures.

Werd!!

BrandonEchols

Quoting Red_Bird:

Also, don't forget to PM iceman69510 and give him your info, as well as badge numbers, and VINs so he can update the owners registry.
Thanks.

DR1665

Welcome "back." RULE #1: Galant VR4 is NOT a DSM.

The more people think of these cars as 'four-door DSMs,' the more people will treat them as such, and the less they will be worth.

alansupra94

^^^^^^^^^ So true ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its not a DSM at all. They are built in Japan and on a different quality level.

Quoting DR1665:

The more people think of these cars as 'four-door DSMs,' the more people will treat them as such, and the less they will be worth.

Too right. Pardon my lazy speak.

Quoting DR1665:

Very true, DSM's are cheap and 16 year old's love to do cheap bad mods to them and run them into the ground and kill it. Then not have the knowledge to repair it and sell it as a shell. You can do this with DSMs because there are so many of them. You, however, should be crucifed if you do this to a GVR4.

Galant VR4s deserev much more respect, and they do get respect.

814/2000
Mar_9_2011_3444.jpg

1335/2000
Mar_9_2011_7552.jpg

Entertainment center in 1335

Mar_5_2011_3937.jpg

alansupra94

That sounds system looks very nice! *Ideas happening* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

DR1665

Quoting JonSmith:
1335/2000
Mar_9_2011_7552.jpg

1. 4 cars shown. Two of them have their hoods up, two do not. Ironic it's the Galants. :p
2. Tro0per. Planet represent!

I did after driving it home from Wilson. I knew it had a dead miss and then some.. plugs were less than finger tight. Replaced the plugs and wires on the side of 70 coming back from Wilson. I've been driving it for a month with 0 compression... actually drives pretty good as a 3cyl!

DR, that pic doesn't show the other two DD's... my neighbor's might be getting perturbed, but I don't care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mar_10_2011_5927.jpg

My favorite part of the tunes,a Kenwood KVT-696

Last edited by a moderator:

raptorWagon

Quoting JonSmith:

Entertainment center in 1335

Mar_5_2011_3937.jpg

At least there is still room for those groceries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts