The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newbie here with a kind of sad story.

Yokin9001

Hello! Since i was a kid i feel in love with Galants. i had plastic models, played with it in videogames etc... but i never had the chance to see a real vr4 (here are just "regular" galant).
Well years has passed and now i still can't find one to buy (btw im from south america). Sadly it seems that im never getting one since there aren't vr4' here and importing one here is next to impossible ( we have newer evos adn other goodies) due to way too high import taxes also is forbidden to import a car thats older than 10 years. So, the only thing i could do was buy a regular galant that for some reason is called the galant "super saloon" and that's strange because i could find any info on this trim. i know the car is the E32A chassis and it comes with a carburated 4g37 1800cc engine. So what i'm doing here if i don't have a vr4? well.. i came here cause you're my only chance to find parts and try to upgrade to at least to gsx standards.

Im going to be really grateful if you guys accept me here. i know that i have LOT to learn nut im really willing to do it. btw sorry if my english isn't as good as it should be.

Some pics of the car

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome aboard. What model year is your car?

Yokin9001

it's an 89 model (chassis code is E32A) the interior is the brown one also it comes with manual instead of auto (im pretty sure that 90% of galants here are automatic)

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
So CL is Chile?

Yokin9001

yup. and that makes a little bit of a problem when finding parts. there are dsm models, japanese ones and ... Venezuelan.

For some reason parts aren't "tradeable" and most of the spare parts that the importers hace are the dsm ones and they don't fit my car (brakepads and others) i tried with the ones from venezuela but its useless.

so thats why im here : im trying to get the real origin of the car, part numbers and if it possible to do a clone of a vx or a viento (since i don't think i can put 4wd and 4ws to a fwd model),also i want to learn as much is possible about the car

bigandbad

Hi, if you give me your VIN I could do a quick search at our european ASA (Mitsubishi programm) to check where it was made for...
The 1.8 sedan was a very popular modell in Europe, your white/brown combo was one of the most sold. The 1.8 wasn't sold here as an A/T, only 5-Speed M/T...

OldHairyBastard

If you can find a front wheel drive Eclipse GSX turbo you can swap over the whole drive line and wiring harness. You will have to use all of the motor mounts from the Eclipse and the front spindles, A arms, axles, brakes... everything. You will need to swap the wiring under the dash for the MPI relay and add a fuel tank from and EFI Galant or make your tank work with the proper fuel sending unit and high pressure fuel pump. I'm sure there are a few more wiring tricks to overcome but that would do it. It might be easier to start with a Fuel injected model if you can find one or see what you can do with the Eclipse parts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts