The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newbie from NY

Whats up guys my names chris, and I am happy to say that I am the proud owner of a white 92 galant vr4 #760/1000
The cars mostly OEM with the exceptions of upgraded IC piping and a 16g turbo, the car runs and drive very well aside from the few issues it has.
I rescued this car from my friend and I think I picked it up just in time to save to motor and turbo from oil starvation.
The car has several serious oil leaks including the lower oil pan gasket, turbo return line (which is also kinked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif), the front main seal is also leaking and the timing belt is wayyy overdue for replacement. The car also has a bad IAC motor, when i picked it up it was surging at idle then after a few miles it was idling at 3,000 and wouldn't drop unless i unplugged the MAF.

This is the only picture I have of it now, let me know what you guys think.
I cant wait to start working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jnava

Staff member
Welcome

Barnes

Welcome to the board! Thanks for the intro post. Always good to know when someone new has arrived. It sounds like you have nothing too horrible to fix. Just keep reading, ask good questions, and you'll but up and running tip-top in no time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those are all cheap fixes. Shouldn't be a set back. Take care of her, and she'll take care of you. Regular maintenance is a must. If your running that 16g on a stock IC you might have some heat soakage. I'd upgrade soon. FTR summit white is the fastest color, not to mention the sexiest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Welcome to the greatest board on the planet.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with the car and it came with 3 boxes full of parts.
Even though the car has its problems now, the end result will be amazing.
But I have alot of questions about evo and dsm part compatibility, is there maybe a thread about that?

Oh yeah! Use the search function at the top of the page. Put a "+" in front of all key words. It can be tricking and aggrivating.

Not to bad! I've saw alot worse off starts then that. Should be good and driving in no time. Take your time, do your research, and do it right, and all should be well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned