The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New version of CAPS ( ASA )

brisvr4

Note: I did not write these instructions, I am merely passing on the knowledge to you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Enjoy!

Welcome to the new Mitsubishi Aftersales Support Application It's an updated version of CAPS, but more powerful in it's searching capabilities. For example you can see what cars share parts in a single click! No more guess work!

**If you're running VISTA, there's a fix at the bottom for you**

Here is the download link ASA link

The files you want to download are the ones under:
"Mitsubishi ASA Japan (MMC ASA)

MMC ASA catalog of parts for all models of Mitsubishi Japanese market.

Updates via the Internet."

The password for the archives is "dsm-club.org" (without quotations)

Installation:

Once you've downloaded and extracted the two ISO files. Just mount them (with Daemon tools) or burn them with Nero or something similar.

Run disc A and choose "Setup". The program will start to install and you will get this first screen:

Choose "English UK", click OK

Next screen:

Check the "HASP HL" box, make sure nothing else is checked.
Click FINISH

Next screen (after the HASP HL drivers are installed):

Choose "Custom Install"

Next screen:

Choose your hard drive to install to, then check "Single User (Full) - Recommended"
Click NEXT

The program will install.

Once this is installed, DO NOT start the program or it will give you an error message.

You need to crack it.

Browse your ASA Jap Disc A and find the "Crack" folder. Copy the file mmData.dll to this folder:
x:\MMC\ASA\M00\PROG\ (where "x" is the drive you installed to)

Then double click and run the MMC.REG file to update your registry.

The program will now work.

It works practically the same as CAPS and it works with Vista after you apply the fix below.

With x64 Vista you will need to change the registry key that is being entered. Just open it up in notepad (right click, open with, choose notepad)

When inside, one line will say [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Licenses\], just change that to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Licenses\] and save it, should work after that.

the program is a 32 bit application, therefore runs in vista 64's 32 bit shell, which is kept separate to all the 64 bit stuff. just like you have a Program Files and a Program Files (x86) folder in x64.

For Vista x32 there would be a similar fix, but I haven't worked it out yet.
** I did not write these instructions, they were posted on www.4gtuner.com by Liberoz **

Short version of the instructions as written by Legume of the same forum...

1) extract file from rar. password: dsm-club.org do both flies A and B

2) mount disc A to magikdisc and run

3) select english

4) select HASP HL

5) select custom install

6) select single user (full) --> next

7) program will install but dont run until crack is installed
when disc 2 is asked for I unmount disc 1, mount disc 2 then click continue.

Browse mounted disc A and find the "Crack" folder.
Copy the file "mmData.dll" and drop it into the "PROG" folder
of NEWLY INSTALLED ASA

8) browse mounted A disc and open CRACK folder
Then double click and run the MMC.REG file to update your registry.
The program will now work.

G

Staff member
How do you search for random part numbers? I have some numbers I want to plug in and see what they are.

citymunky

In the Pink/salmon section there is line for P/N's. type the number and hit enter. BAM!

G

Staff member
Got it! Thanks.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I had issues installing the ASA software for this reason.

"Once this is installed, DO NOT start the program or it will give you an error message."

The program automatically starts once you hit the "Finish" button.

Leave the program sitting at the final screen, and perform the remaining steps and the install moves along appropriately.

Reference running Vista 64 bit version of Windows. ASA was downloaded from original links that were listed to the site years ago.

Last edited:

blacksheep

FYI - I downloaded the ASA.exe and walked thru the install. Walked thru install with prompts that popped up. I was able to run CAPS just fine. BUT, I did not have to do the crack as indicated above. Mine was straight install and run. I did test it, apparently our gas tanks cost about $9xx.00. Yikes...

FlyingEagle

Staff member
For anyone looking up vehicles using chassis codes versus direct input of the VIN, here is a handy visual guide.

This appears only to have models from a particular region, possibly just North America, as I do not see C58 Mirages from Germany, C70 Mirage/Colts from AUS/NZ, etc, etc. I'm sure people from Europe and the JDM belt will notice this too.
Regardless of this fact, I have never seen this compiled so nicely before.

EMX5636

I had the same results as blacksheep, no file swapping or crack-installing. Works fine on my x64 Vista laptop so far. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Results may vary though.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Found a complete DSM parts catalogue in .PDF format. If a part was in a DSM, and it has an MD Mitsu number associated to it, then it should be listed here.
Complete internal listing of parts for transmission, engines, oil coolers, nuts bolts ... the list goes on.

click

If you want to know where a click will take you, here is the link minus the http
://www.gmb.be/CJD_parts/CD2/Catalogs/82-96PassCar/89d.pdf

G

Staff member
I want to know the difference between all these?

CASE, Thermostat
1990-92
MD130433 1 w/o Turbo, Federal
MD130435 1 w/o Turbo, Calif.
MD130434 1 w/Turbo, 1990, Federal
MD130436 1 w/Turbo, 1990, Calif.
MD168848 1 w/Turbo, 1991-92, Federal
MD168847 1 w/Turbo, 1991-92, Calif.
MD190337 1 w/o Turbo, Federal
MD190340 1 w/o Turbo, Calif.
MD190339 1 w/Turbo, Federal
MD190342 1 w/Turbo, Calif.
MD190338 1 LASER w/Turbo, w/Auto. Trans., AWD, Federal
MD190341 1 LASER w/Turbo, w/Auto. Trans., AWD, Calif.
MD190337 1 w/o Turbo
MD190339 1 w/Turbo
MD190338 1 LASER w/Turbo, w/Auto. Trans.

AllanL

won't work with Win8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

BENE38A

I recently downloaded mitsubishi ASA, here is a link that I found through random old posts from mitsubishi forums.
click
I didn't need any cracks, there was even a popup walkthrough of what to do. File needed to be unzipped but works straight away on windows 7 xp.
Works great, its an American version so has all the late evo and eclipse models, I found a USDM vr4 vin and it works.
I am a caveman on computers compared to other people and I managed to do this just fine. I recommend anyone to get this, being able to search for any part number makes those big orders alot simpler and makes it easy to cross reference different models and parts.

SleepinGVR4

If you get this message when you try to run MMC, "The key is out of date and needs to be updated," you need to edit the MMC.REG file with notepad.

This will happen if you are running a 64 bit OS. You will need to modify the registry key that is in the crack folder.

To do this, open the registry file in Notepad by right clicking and selecting 'open with' and browse for Notepad.

When opened, one line will say [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Licenses\].

Change that to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Licenses\] and save it to your desktop.

Then you can double click on the registry key.

Copying the mmData.dll file and modifiying the MMC.REG key should all be done before clicking finish at the end of installing MMC from disk.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
So I finally downloaded this from the link in the 12/31/2012 post, and I notice the date in the upper right corner is 2007-12-28. Is there any known way to get a newer version? Looks like it stops with '08 MY vehicles.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts